No announcement yet.

Customs & Excise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic. Even if you just went for the summer months, with no tax, its a winner I guess. Thanks for clarifying.

I guess Disco owners will be using olive oil.....

"This isn't just Diesel..... This is the finest hand picked, Italian, cold pressed, extra Virgin olive oil diesel..." (in best M&S voice)

Comment

Aren't you thinking of Rangey Sport owners?

"This isn't just veggie-diesel, this is the blinginest, most wicked, most bangin deeezil you ever put in your ride maaaaan"
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

You dont need to register folks if you use less than 2500 litres as it says in Slugsie`s link. "Exempt producer" means exempt from registering but you still need to keep usage or production records. In home biodiesel and WVO producers this would mean keeping volume records etc. and in the case of SVO users- your receipts to prove the volume used p.a.
        I think vegoil falls into the broader biofuel category as opposed to biodiesel. Remember if you buy biodiesel from a producer it`s already duty paid so only for producers.

For those folks who have not yet used vegoil- In summer your truck should will run fine with 50% mix and winter 25%. With simple fuel heating mods this can be upped to 75% and 50% which I`ve been doing for ages- I mean 30 June!
        Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
          You dont need to register folks if you use less than 2500 litres as it says in Slugsie`s link. "Exempt producer" means exempt from registering but you still need to keep usage or production records. In home biodiesel and WVO producers this would mean keeping volume records etc. and in the case of SVO users- your receipts to prove the volume used p.a.
          I think vegoil falls into the broader biofuel category as opposed to biodiesel. Remember if you buy biodiesel from a producer it`s already duty paid so only for producers.

For those folks who have not yet used vegoil- In summer your truck should will run fine with 50% mix and winter 25%. With simple fuel heating mods this can be upped to 75% and 50% which I`ve been doing for ages- I mean 30 June!
          So if I get pulled and they dip me, All I have to do is produce reciepts of veg oil used and provided I am below the limit they let me go? There seems to be a massive loop hole here that stinks of something out of place. If this is true...........praise the lord!

Comment

Any definitive answer yet?

Does the 2500litres tax free apply to SVO and WVO, being as they aren't technically (or weren't last time I looked) classed as biofuels?

If someone says for definite 'yes', I'm going on an all weekend bender!

Comment

veg oil

am i being thick or;

can i just put veg oil straight in now even though ive never used it before,do i need to do any mods or add additives or anything

or as at the beginning am i just being thick

and can i mix it with diesel

thanx all
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                am i being thick or;

can i just put veg oil straight in now even though ive never used it before,do i need to do any mods or add additives or anything

or as at the beginning am i just being thick
                Up to around 50:50 with diesel in the summer with no mods, though if you've never used veggie before, have a small stock of fuel filters handy and dont be alarmed when the 'check engine' light comes on about 100 miles later due to fuel starvation as a result of a blocked filter.

Veg picks up all the sh1t in your tank and lines and deposits it in your filter. I had to change my fuel filter a few times in a few months but its been ok for a while now and I just change it once a year as a matter of course.

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
                  dont know why your asking bout veg your cars broke!!!
                  Not broken !!!

Just a slightly modified front
                  My other cars a QUAD
                  (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                  http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Sorry for being a little .......THICK here regarding this post but..............

It says that if you Produce less than 2500 litres a year, you don't need to register.

But we're not "PRODUCERS" .....are we ?............We don't make the stuff !

But we are "CONSUMERS" ! ....................cause we buy the stuff !

Just thought i'd point that out before i go to Mackro and buy $h!t loads of the stuff and end up with Mr Taxman knocking on my door with a bill

Anyone know ?
                    !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Please give me a clue, do i need to fill out a form if i use less than 2500 litres a year or not and what proof do we give if dipped, have read links and still not got a clue.
                      Working at last.......

Comment

I'm waiting for my monthly form from the tax man, cause althou I like the idea, I just can't believe he'd do it.
                        I worked out the if I used 15 litres of veg a week instead of diesel (which I could do easily) I would save £273. More if I use recycled veg.
                        I'm in the wait and see camp, after all when was the last time the tax man didn't screw you?
                        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant 1
                          Sorry for being a little .......THICK here regarding this post but..............

It says that if you Produce less than 2500 litres a year, you don't need to register.

But we're not "PRODUCERS" .....are we ?............We don't make the stuff !

But we are "CONSUMERS" ! ....................cause we buy the stuff !

Just thought i'd point that out before i go to Mackro and buy $h!t loads of the stuff and end up with Mr Taxman knocking on my door with a bill

Anyone know ?
                          Hi There,
                          I think we need clarification of the term "biofuel" from the powers that be. Used veg oil going thru a filtration process in your garage is production of a biofuel. Making biodiesel is a biofuel producer. Personally i think it would get too complicated to differentiate between used veg oil production and pouring new oil in your tank. If it was ever disallowed, then we could simply heat the new veg oil to undergo a chemical reaction- hence PRODUCING our own fuel!
                          My opinion only- I`m just as confused as you lot!