Public Disgust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Disgust!

Ive been driving my new Surf for a week and have immediately noticed the glares of disgust for (perhaps such a large vehicle) with extra attention drawn straight to the SSBullbars.. Coming from a small Sports Coupe Im feeling bad for even owning the !!!!!! thing now!

Do you all receive the same response when out and about driving?

Originally posted by Fox
    Ive been driving my new Surf for a week and have immediately noticed the glares of disgust for (perhaps such a large vehicle) with extra attention drawn straight to the SSBullbars.. Coming from a small Sports Coupe Im feeling bad for even owning the !!!!!! thing now!

GOOD INNIT !
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Fox

I think you will find that they are looks of envy... JUST SMILE AND WAVE....

Comment

Originally posted by Fox

Tuff for them aint it.....last time I looked, it was a free country.

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
          Tuff for them aint it.....last time I looked, it was a free country.
          when was that? 1945?
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

disgust? never had that b4 had a looooooooong look of envy from a paj driver today tho lol,

Comment

Originally posted by Fox

Never noticed it, and doesn't bother me if they do, I don't do anything to warrent it, ie parking on the pavement, driving discourteously, can park in a normal space better than most cars seem to, etc and I need a big car to tow and carry stuff etc. So I'm happy driving what I drive, and can justifiy it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Never noticed it, and doesn't bother me if they do, I don't do anything to warrent it, ie parking on the pavement, driving discourteously, can park in a normal space better than most cars seem to, etc and I need a big car to tow and carry stuff etc. So I'm happy driving what I drive, and can justifiy it.

HERE HERE !
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Other drivers just get out off the way LOL....well they have to don't they???
                  3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

i agree with tony but for the life of me cant think why we should justify why we drive a surf.
                    motor manufacturer toyota make um to be bought so why cant we have one
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

i had a row with a triffic warden this morning. i was parked outside my shop cos i was loading a belfast sink. its a 1 hour space. customers in and out, you know how it is.. anyway, he's mooching around it again, i was on the phone so i put my head round the door, told him i'd be 5 minutes, i was loading blah blah.he looked at me with such venom, such hatred.. he pointed at me and said 'you'll move it NOW'
                      I thought it was cos its a 4x4, but now i've decided its cos he is a
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                        i had a row with a triffic warden this morning. i was parked outside my shop cos i was loading a belfast sink. its a 1 hour space. customers in and out, you know how it is.. anyway, he's mooching around it again, i was on the phone so i put my head round the door, told him i'd be 5 minutes, i was loading blah blah.he looked at me with such venom, such hatred.. he pointed at me and said 'you'll move it NOW'
                        I thought it was cos its a 4x4, but now i've decided its cos he is a
                        I think I got this one. You had a row... meaning you had spent time conversating with (as you would with someone you are in a row boat with)?

Anyhow, over here... bigger is better and the bigger your rig the further someone can see down the inside of one's lungs because their flippin nose is so high in the air.

I'm happy with my 4runner, wish she got better gas mileage but thats okay. Gas prices in the US are spiking to $2.50 (give or take a few pennies).

Now, over here we have PLENTY OF IGNORANT folks who will park all wacked within a single parking space because it looks cool and they are rebelling against the law that a vehicle must be parked within the lines. So they will angle their parking job just to show sheer stupidity.
                        [IMG]http://www.low-forum.com/iB_html/uploads/post-6-66766-00000000_00000002.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

hold on there tex, you dont have twaddle or rows but you do have flipping? as in flippin 'eck?????
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                            hold on there tex, you dont have twaddle or rows but you do have flipping? as in flippin 'eck?????
                            Yup, flippin is used in place of coitus or screwin but does flippin 'eck mean... what does the eck park mean.

And have a row means you are having a conversation? Or are you just trying to twaddle me around the block. (did I get that right!)
                            [IMG]http://www.low-forum.com/iB_html/uploads/post-6-66766-00000000_00000002.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

well, i'll go to the foot of my stairs!
                              the row is as is in loud. a row is a shouting match or corbister as we call it
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X