Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try A company called lifesure cheapest i've found

Comment

• Adrian Flux quoted me £420 fully comp, protected n/c, legal cover etc, missus to drive with the lower business use including all the mods which include body lift, suspension lift, 35x10.5x16, stainless exhaust, cone airfilter and stainless front bumper. Well impressed.

Comment

• Surf Insurance

I found the best quote for insurance for my surf came from Tessco Insurance

Comment

• After trying everywhere, including Lifesure,Footman James etc etcand got very expensive quotes (25 and 26 with points), we were recommended a broker called Academy in Swindon by Brownstone where we got the Surf.

They bent over backwards for us to get a fantastic quote and lower our excess. This is with Norwich Union, who originally gave us a direct quote of over a grand!!!

So a big thumbs up to fab customer service and saving lots of money. Their number is.....01793 521333

Comment

• I had my renewal the other day and to my horror........£552.00 and if installments worked out to £798.00 .................Ouch !!!
            Anyways after looking on here i thought i'd try Liverpool Victoria. And as shocked as i was by calling back three times to see if they had got it all right was................£297.00 and if installments was £311.00 !

They didnt want to know about any alarm , Immob , point on licence and it was for Unlimited milage. No claims Protection, legal fees and a car and everything else you could think of except Breakdown. That was another 50 quid. After calling back my insurance company to see if they could touch it. They said "no where near" unless I faxed a copy of the quote back to them. Still don't know how they can make it that cheap but ??? Who cares. Insurances are a rip off anyway. As long as its legal at the end of the day right ?

My quote was based on me being 31 y/o. 10 years no claims and no points (not that they were bothered).
            !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

• Insurance

Try LIFESURE on 0870 366 1235 - I used them and found no problems whatsoever, and they were also the cheapest I cound find by far for Fully Comp on a Hilux Surf TD Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by ldnmustard
                Try LIFESURE on 0870 366 1235 - I used them and found no problems whatsoever, and they were also the cheapest I cound find by far for Fully Comp on a Hilux Surf TD Auto
                Thanks for the advice just took up ins with them saved £190 against my renewal quote from Churchill excellent!
                cheers
                Bobo

Comment

• Insurance

Previous insurers AA turned me down flat when I asked, dont ask me why as the bloke could'nt speak English, could'nt understand his supervisor either. Next I rang Tescos on advice from a friend who has another breed of 4x4 (dont ask) and come away with fully comp for me and the missus at £324, full ncb and kept on the road!
                  Europe cover at fully comp £20 extra or tpft free, cant be bad for a 55 yr old silver surfer.
                  Time flies like a bullet,fruit flies like a banana

Comment

• Originally posted by ldnmustard
                    Me too £297 (fully comp)

but said on doccument hilux surf TD Auto ( 4 runner ) ???
                    so are all ssrx and ssg e.t.c classed as (4 runner)
                    Last edited by falconer; 15 June 2005, 14:40.
                    Regards
                    Kev.
                    2.4 black beast

Comment

• I'm insured with Elephant.co.uk the peugeot that I had cost £250 f/comp from the 8th of April. To cover the Surf from the 1st June only cost £59 more. Absolute bargain I think

Doyle

Comment

• Originally posted by Doyle
                        I'm insured with Elephant.co.uk the peugeot that I had cost £250 f/comp from the 8th of April. To cover the Surf from the 1st June only cost £59 more. Absolute bargain I think

Doyle
                        yeah i tried them and they can only cover 3ltr's
                        don't have 2.4 on there data base
                        Regards
                        Kev.
                        2.4 black beast

Comment

• Wifey 30+ years old full ncd 2.4 Manual Immob £293 Tescos
                          Me 30+ Years old Full ncd 3.0 Manual Immob £320 Norwich Union
                          Both insured on the others vehicles.
                          I am happy to pay the extra, as through a broker that the family have used for near 50 years, Its nice to have someone on your side in the Insurance game.
                          Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

• Originally posted by falconer
                            yeah i tried them and they can only cover 3ltr's
                            don't have 2.4 on there data base
                            Oh! when I spoke to them, thay asked me whether it was a 2.4 or 3.0, so they must know the 2.4 exists.

Doyle

Comment

• Originally posted by Doyle
                              Oh! when I spoke to them, thay asked me whether it was a 2.4 or 3.0, so they must know the 2.4 exists.

Doyle
                              hey Doyle did ya get my e-mail m8
                              yes ya did
                              Last edited by falconer; 14 June 2005, 17:04.
                              Regards
                              Kev.
                              2.4 black beast

Comment

• DOES ANYONE know why mine says 4 runner on the insurance doc's when it's an SSRX 2.4

Does anyone else have (4 runner) on the there doc's and they own a SSRX
                                or am i the only one ???????
                                would this make a diff in the event of a claim ??
                                come on guys and gals please answer if you can
                                i have never owned a surf before so wouldn't know.
                                Last edited by falconer; 22 June 2005, 01:19.
                                Regards
                                Kev.
                                2.4 black beast

Comment

Working...
                                X