insurance company's i've tried!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffershg
    i went with i-sure, after AA came back with a quote of £600, this was on top of wanting thatcham imm. needless to say went elsewhere and i-sure wanted £220, that's more like it, especially as they didn't require an imm.
    Do you have contact for i-sure ?

Regards

Kerr

Comment

Am I to take it that imports are not insured by most mainstream insurers, I haven't got one yet but I am looking round.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdmoore
        Am I to take it that imports are not insured by most mainstream insurers, I haven't got one yet but I am looking round.
        It's hard to get quotes on the net & some places won't touch you...but there a plenty of reputable firms who will give you a realistic quote.
        Considering it's all supposed to be computerised it's amazing that people can ring the same broker & get such varying quotes, even taking into account different circumstances they make no sense.
        It depends on your own circumstances , but people on here are insured fully comp, protected etc. from as little as £270.
        Thats a great price for a fantastic car.
        Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

I am a bit peeved with Adrian Flux at the mo...... I rang about half a dozen companies for quotes and AF were the best £399 f/c for Tom and me.......
          BUT>>>>> when we got the paperwork it didn't show protected no claims which I was sure I asked for. We amended the paperwork and returned. We got a letter saying a policy couldn't be amended mid-term..... they insisted I hadn't asked for protected no claims, going as far as 'listening to my recorded original call????' to check. We have had to get a new quote to include protected no claims and it is now costing £483.... not too happy but they do not insist on garaging, CAT1 alarms etc ..... cost of those would be much higher than increase to policy...

There are so many companies that don't insure imports,.....why ??? what's wrong with them.... I can understand if they were expensive to fix/replace and perhaps some were ages ago....but now....????
          Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
            I am a bit peeved with Adrian Flux at the mo...... going as far as 'listening to my recorded original call????' to check.
            Ask for a copy of the recording.. you're entitled to one. See what their story is then!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I`m with Footman James & Co.£292 Fully Comp, protected ncb,uk and european breakdown cover included, £250 excess.Cat 2 required. 55yrs old, 7yrs ncb, parked on driveway. I ain`t moaning at that!

Ken.
              God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
                I am a bit peeved with Adrian Flux at the mo...... I rang about half a dozen companies for quotes and AF were the best £399 f/c for Tom and me.......
                BUT>>>>> when we got the paperwork it didn't show protected no claims which I was sure I asked for. We amended the paperwork and returned. We got a letter saying a policy couldn't be amended mid-term..... they insisted I hadn't asked for protected no claims, going as far as 'listening to my recorded original call????' to check. We have had to get a new quote to include protected no claims and it is now costing £483.... not too happy but they do not insist on garaging, CAT1 alarms etc ..... cost of those would be much higher than increase to policy...

There are so many companies that don't insure imports,.....why ??? what's wrong with them.... I can understand if they were expensive to fix/replace and perhaps some were ages ago....but now....????
                wow! i've never met anyone who's had a reply from adrian flux!!

not all companies insure because they're not type approved so count as "one offs" so they get the cost made up for each one instaed of having them in a set "group"
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

i like this thread cos it keeps popping up and lets me know when to renew my insurance!!

i'm just off to start a "my MOT expires in August" thread!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Conker
                    I had a quote of Lifesure today for a 3ltr Surf [ which i don`t have yet ]
                    I have used them before for my import Celica.
                    Not that bad, needs to have a CAT1 fitted before they will insure though.
                    35 year old :-( full no claims quite a high post code area.
                    £395 only thing was a quite big excess but not a bad starting point.

Conker

PS
                    What is the going rate for a cat 1 fitted ?
                    You should query that, I'm with Lifesure and I was told I didnt need Cat1 or 2 for a Surf. I only have the standard Toyota alarm on mine which works off the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                      Ask for a copy of the recording.. you're entitled to one. See what their story is then!!

They offered to send me a copy....for £5. And what's to say it hadn't been doctored.... someone's got to transcribe it, they could miss it off...
                      Anyway, no alarm required and they only have £100 excess.... others wanting £250+ even with the alarm....
                      Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Tesco Theyre Having A Laugh

£631.05 FOR FULLY comp 7 yrs ncb inc breakdown cover replacement car & legal protection. TPFT 486.15 £549.15 INC ncb protection theyre having a laugh
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                          I'm with Footman James - they came up with the best quote for me. I'm 22, 1yr NCB, parked on driveway, 3 points, £1800 claim Jan 2000 partial fault etc.

www.footmanjames.co.uk
                          NICE QUOTE £487 FULLY COMP. INCLUDES PROTECTED NCB, BREAKDOWN COVER, HIRE CAR ETC. I AM IMPRESSED
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

LIVERPOOL VICTORIAS website states they dont insure imports
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

LIFESURE gave a good quote as well but not as cheap as FOOTMAN JAMES
                              (\__/)
                              (")_(")

Comment

I'm with Admiral and they were miles cheaper then footman james

Comment

Working...
                                X