No announcement yet.

Uprated Torsion Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so I have just went out and checked the bars to see if there is any indication about which side they should fit. There is a sticker on each bar and after a clean they read 'TOY 026B DS' & 'TOY 026B NS'

So it looks like we do have a specific side for each bar like Tony says
    This is also backed up here (last post) in one of your previous threads Nik.

So all is now sorted. Happy Days

Tony, if you are reading in on this, do you have a pair of WARN Hubs in stock?
    Last edited by GBV8; 15 December 2010, 01:19.

Comment

Torsion bars are pre-stressed in the direction of load, to set their spring rates and stop them twisting further when on the truck and being used.

I've seen the machine that does it, I helped install one at Extrac in Thatchem that makes t/bars for F1 teams.

Only got the AVM hubs ATM.

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
      Im not disputing, but I've never heard that before.? Would take some serious metallurgy aclchemy to make them only work in one orientation i.e. clockwise & antiCW.

I've heard of one being slightly stiffer due to off-centre driver and fuel tank etc and they don't make LH & RHdrive variations so far as i'm aware, so in theory you'd just put the stiffer under the driver.?

They came in the original packaging with no indication that either was any different t'other and other than being stiffer than the stock (duuurr ) there were no differences in operation
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X