No announcement yet.

Big trip to Wales!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i will now run out of time for any cb swr'ing,would one of you fine gents care to ,whilst we are in welsh wales please!!

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwh200
      i will now run out of time for any cb swr'ing,would one of you fine gents care to ,whilst we are in welsh wales please!!

Yeah, no problem, I got my SWR meter permanantly fitted in line, although it's esay to disconnect, so we can do it when we meet up.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

well disaster seems to have been averted.i went to halfrauds and obtained some chemical metal.istripped the paint off the affected area and applied and bu55er me its worked a treat!!

i cant really warrant going to wales via m4/m5 as its a blinkin long way round for me,but have instead phoned milners and shouted up a bit.

they are expecting a call from metomorrow with a view to "sorting something out".

if i have my way,a total refund and a genuine toyota rad ,which to be honest , as apache said aint much more than a roughtrax one.

thanks all for the words of comfort during my minor crisis,and im sure you will be all relieved to hear,i didnt beat up the night watchman

Shame you didn't live over this side of the country, you could have used my almost new Roughtrax rad I have here doing nothing for a couple more weeks.

Comment

• thanks vince,most kind.i am going to phone either roughtrax/local toyota dealer tomorrow,and whoever can get me a new rad by thursday pm will get my business.this one is now fine,the chemical fix is extremely strong,but i have lost confidence in the rad,
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by nero279
            http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap...324550&A=Y&Z=5 ??

if so the nearest postcode is SY10 0PA according to streetmap. Wait for Mudsurfer to confirm that that's the right place first though.

The Railway Inn, Penybontfawr......SY10 0NU

From the pub, you'll need to go up station road....to get to the field (why do I keep thinking of Father Ted??)
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

• Originally posted by MudSurfer
              The Railway Inn, Penybontfawr......SY10 0NU

From the pub, you'll need to go up station road....to get to the field (why do I keep thinking of Father Ted??)

YeeeeeeeHaaaah A postcode to head for
              Last edited by plumb bob; 23 October 2007, 23:58.
              Rob

Comment

• Pack a thick sleeping bag, especially for the Saturday night. We will be stopping in a hollow that lies just below three heights -

Pen y Bwlch - 1650ft
                Cefn y Cwn - 1731ft
                Carn Gron - 1775ft

Expect it to be chilly when you wake up Sunday morning!
                Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

• AND BY THE LOOKS OF IT QUITE WET!!
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

AND BY THE LOOKS OF IT QUITE WET!!
                    Not good when you see where we're going. Doesn't make it any more challenging because the substrate is stone for the most part, and the water runs off quickly, but the the low cloud that accompanies just destroys the spectacular views.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• Oh no its been dry for a few weeks thought we might have been lucky!! $$$$$$ wales!!

Comment

• its looking a bit grim for sunday as wll,the local forecast for neath is rain pretty much all day
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Got my CB setup now and its seems to work
                          I Love Wales

Comment

• 10-4 rubber doll.....sorry force of habit!!!
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• dam it, won't be getting my beloved back until tomorrow night now from getting snorkel fitted. So gotta fit the CB in asap or get most of it in and do the rest on the firday when getting to campsite. Plus gotta get mini fridge wired up to leasure battery. good job I got a 500W flood light to work through the night
                              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

• Originally posted by captain_chaos
                                dam it, won't be getting my beloved back until tomorrow night now from getting snorkel fitted. So gotta fit the CB in asap or get most of it in and do the rest on the firday when getting to campsite. Plus gotta get mini fridge wired up to leasure battery. good job I got a 500W flood light to work through the night

Are we allowed to have a camp fire, as I can't find anywhere locally that is still sellig the throw away bar-b-Q's
                                Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X