Big trip to Wales!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Apache
    If you go the 'direct' route (likely to be better round the midlands bit on a friday PM) I could meet you somewhere up the A49 (Craven Arms, Ludlow areas) around 5ish if you're there around then.

See that Jason wants to do, the only problem I see with meeting on route is the timings, we could be hours early or late after 200 miles
    Last edited by 24Seven; 25 October 2007, 11:33.
    I Love Wales

Comment

• This is true. I'll be on a fairly tight timescale due to meeting the ex to pick up my lad.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• i am meeting plumb bob at cherwell valley services on the m40 about 1 pm.i have to meet a member called geoff at j 13 about 245-3.00 and chillit to give over tyres and side steps respectively.

i think we are supposed to be meeting mudsurfer somewhere on the m40 but the pm he sent me has vanished,how long ,at a guess from warwick to the camp site?
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache
          This is true. I'll be on a fairly tight timescale due to meeting the ex to pick up my lad.
          Maybe better to just meet in the field, you never what will happen when you're with Jason

(only joking)
          I Love Wales

Comment

• Originally posted by 24Seven
            Maybe better to just meet in the field, you never what will happen when you're with Jason

(only joking)
            well if I'm following you then I'll probably ground out again. Looking at the link to your map, was thinking we could pull off the M5 at the Worcester Droitwich area and head towards Shrewsbury via Kidderminster and Bridgenorth. Means picking up the M5 at Tauton, so the route to there would be Dorchester, Yeovil. I 've done that route in the surf and with calm traffic I can get to Tauton in about 2 hours
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

• Originally posted by captain_chaos
              well if I'm following you then I'll probably ground out again. Looking at the link to your map, was thinking we could pull off the M5 at the Worcester Droitwich area and head towards Shrewsbury via Kidderminster and Bridgenorth. Means picking up the M5 at Tauton, so the route to there would be Dorchester, Yeovil. I 've done that route in the surf and with calm traffic I can get to Tauton in about 2 hours

Sounds good to me, we can use TomTom near the end of the trip to home us in. Will you have your CB running on the way up?
              I Love Wales

Comment

Sounds good to me, we can use TomTom near the end of the trip to home us in. Will you have your CB running on the way up?
                probalbly not, will see if I can do it tonight or tomorrow monring before we go, if not I'll do it at the campsite. Have to use mobile phones

Comment

probalbly not, will see if I can do it tonight or tomorrow monring before we go, if not I'll do it at the campsite. Have to use mobile phones

I'm only fitting mine in a temp way, mag mount cig lighter kind of way. We can leave an hour later if you wish? I will bring a couple of PMR's anyway.
                  I Love Wales

Comment

I'm only fitting mine in a temp way, mag mount cig lighter kind of way. We can leave an hour later if you wish? I will bring a couple of PMR's anyway.
                    No 11am will be ok. If the CB isn't finished, then I'll take it along and finish the job at the campsite

Comment

No 11am will be ok. If the CB isn't finished, then I'll take it along and finish the job at the campsite
                      Ok see you there
                      I Love Wales

Comment

• 24 hours

In a Gene Pitney stylee..........."It's only 24 hours from Strata, one day away from the camp"
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

• tommyguns, want to meet up for the journey tommorrow? I was planning leaving around 2pm to get there between 6 and 7.

I plan to eat at the pub as the forecast is not bbq friendly.
                          Wax on, wax off

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy
                            I plan to eat at the pub as the forecast is not bbq friendly.
                            Jeez Chris, didn't you go camping when you woz a kid?

URGENT REQUEST EVERYONE

Please bring any half bags of lump wood or charcoal briquettes lying around in your sheds etc also lighting fluid

I have tried buying some today and none about!
                            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                              Jeez Chris, didn't you go camping when you woz a kid?

URGENT REQUEST EVERYONE

Please bring any half bags of lump wood or charcoal briquettes lying around in your sheds etc also lighting fluid

I have tried buying some today and none about!

That's because nobody has a BBQ after the summer is over! ( that's what I was told at tesco's when trying to buy a couple of disposable BBQ's) Don't you know nuffink?

I could bring my GAS BBQ, but the bottle won't fit in the surf with all the other c r a p I'm bringing
                              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

• I've just put 2 instant barbies in Mudsurfers old truck
                                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X