Big trip to Wales!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big trip to Wales!

Dates as yet not fixed, but probably sometime late september...

How about this then folks?

Friday eve, travel to somewhere near Dolgellau (on A470, east of Barmouth, north wales) and set up camp.

Saturday morning, drive the trail from Fairbourne to Tonfanau, then from Bryncrug to the Dovey Valley near Machynlleth. Lunch break.

Afternoon, drive down to Aberaeron area along the coast, set up camp. Go out, get drunk and eat and enjoy the beach and sea views.

Sunday morning, hop across to the north end of Strata Florida, and following that, go and do Sarn Helen.

Four runs, one weekend. Something for everyone? What do you say?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

I say i like it, but wouldnt be able to attend. How about doing something longer. Where u camp out on the hills of a night time. Maybe3 or 4 days?
    And plan it for next summer. But speak to Rich about it so u dont have that and SRTTS to close. Its just an idea of course.

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798
      I say i like it, but wouldnt be able to attend. How about doing something longer. Where u camp out on the hills of a night time. Maybe3 or 4 days?
      And plan it for next summer. But speak to Rich about it so u dont have that and SRTTS to close. Its just an idea of course.
      Good idea that man
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

How about a four seasons event, so we get to do the same selection of routes in all four seasons, therefore the routes are known, and the conditions vary,should make it interesting for all concerned.

Could also do a week long Pan UK event, say from east to west, or north to south, or vice versa, picking up lanes in various counties and countries.

That will take quite a bit of organising though, and will be tough on the trucks, so we'd have to make sure Tony N comes along with all his tools
        seriously, we might need some kind of support vehicle for spares.

Am I getting carried away??
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
          How about a four seasons event, so we get to do the same selection of routes in all four seasons, therefore the routes are known, and the conditions vary,should make it interesting for all concerned.

Could also do a week long Pan UK event, say from east to west, or north to south, or vice versa, picking up lanes in various counties and countries.

That will take quite a bit of organising though, and will be tough on the trucks, so we'd have to make sure Tony N comes along with all his tools
          seriously, we might need some kind of support vehicle for spares.

Am I getting carried away??
          You could have locals organise their own events and do it over 2 weeks
          From up north to cornwall via Yorkshire and wales

I would take you lot around wiltshire ......But could not do the whole event next year

If it was planed well it could do routes like the ridgeway and the fosse way
          And most of it OFF ROAD
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Yes, a longer event next summer would be fine, but that's 12 months away you bunch o'pansies.

I was thinking about something next month for those who wanna come. Just a weekend event taking in 3 or 4 routes.

Mudsurfer is keen for us to do the Wayfarer and Whitestones, so that could be the first two. It's not a long trip from there to go down to the region of Strata Florida and do the two very good routes down there too. (North and South Wales are equally handyish to me - about 2 hours away)

To be honest, I'm not that keen on organising a huge 20 truck plus event , I'll leave that to the more capable hands of the likes of Stormforce and Woodzie. All I want to do is get out regularly, and was wondering if anyone else was interested.

If you wanna tag along, thats great. If not, you'll be very welcome next time

Oh, and if your bag is organising BIIIIG events - go for it, you have MY support!

Comment

I'd love to come out and play again soon, but me, the truck, and the bank balance need to recover a bit first, so maybe in a few months time, as it's a fair way for me.

Get a better webcam set up so I can delete my efforts from youtube
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Yeah, pan uk. I like it. And the idea of members fomr each county who r taking part organizing for their own county, or country as the case may be. This is also good prep for when we start going over to europe................. Am i getting carried away??

Comment

Love it!

I'll be happy to set up the North of Wales bit - I'll also get hold of my mate Paul, who drives those lanes every weekend, so REALLY knows his way around and will be a great guide too (only drawback is he has a Land Ro.. - no, I can't say it)

anyway - I'll talk to Paul to see when a good time would be, what lanes are open near to those first two, so we could turn up on Friday night, camp, BBQ, drink and fart a lot, then get a good nights sleep and get going nice and early on Sat to do as many lanes as we can - then move on to the next leg - hopefully sorted by Boyo.......
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                    Love it!

I'll be happy to set up the North of Wales bit - I'll also get hold of my mate Paul, who drives those lanes every weekend, so REALLY knows his way around and will be a great guide too (only drawback is he has a Land Ro.. - no, I can't say it)

anyway - I'll talk to Paul to see when a good time would be, what lanes are open near to those first two, so we could turn up on Friday night, camp, BBQ, drink and fart a lot, then get a good nights sleep and get going nice and early on Sat to do as many lanes as we can - then move on to the next leg - hopefully sorted by Boyo.......
                    Are we talking near future or sometime next summer here? The thread is getting a bit confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      Dates as yet not fixed, but probably sometime late september...

How about this then folks?

Friday eve, travel to somewhere near Dolgellau (on A470, east of Barmouth, north wales) and set up camp.

Saturday morning, drive the trail from Fairbourne to Tonfanau, then from Bryncrug to the Dovey Valley near Machynlleth. Lunch break.

Afternoon, drive down to Aberaeron area along the coast, set up camp. Go out, get drunk and eat and enjoy the beach and sea views.

Sunday morning, hop across to the north end of Strata Florida, and following that, go and do Sarn Helen.

Four runs, one weekend. Something for everyone? What do you say?
                      count me RIGHT in!!!
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

U tell us Apache m8, its ur thread. HAHAHA

Comment

I'm busy, then on holiday until Oct 16th so lets try for early November if possible, makes some of the routes a little more interesting......
                          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

OK, early november for a North / South Wales trip.

Lets see who's interested before we shoot for a firm date. Add names to the list.

Apache
                            Mudsurfer

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                              I'm busy, then on holiday until Oct 16th so lets try for early November if possible, makes some of the routes a little more interesting......
                              early november sounds very cool.would very much like the challenge of wales in winter(and put me down for going deffo)
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X