yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welsh off road expedition - Run To The Hills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodzie
    That was the plan . The caretaker was telling me there are some bad road works at brecon . Where is zacco meeting us?

I'm picking Zacco up at PortTalbot - you're not coming our way.

The road works he mentioned are to the west of Abergavenny on the A465 - you're not going on that road. There are no road works around Brecon.

Bushwhacker is meeting us on the Saturday morning at the campsite.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      How about M4 J32 then A470 all the way to Brecon?
      Hi Vince,

The A40 is more pleasant than having to go through Pontypridd, Abercynon, Merthyr etc. though the lakes are nice enough!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
        I'm picking Zacco up at PortTalbot - you're not coming our way.

The road works he mentioned are to the west of Abergavenny on the A465 - you're not going on that road. There are no road works around Brecon.

Bushwhacker is meeting us on the Saturday morning at the campsite.
        Thanks
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Hi Vince,

The A40 is more pleasant than having to go through Pontypridd, Abercynon, Merthyr etc.
          Aint that the truth!

Comment

Hi Vince,

The A40 is more pleasant than having to go through Pontypridd, Abercynon, Merthyr etc. though the lakes are nice enough!
            and i agree a40 is a stunner beleve it or not , lovely slighty winding A road..... you stop in ponty for 5 mins and your wheels r goners... surf be on bricks when u return ...lol
            zacco

Comment

• Ok people, this is just a heads up for those of you bringing tents...............

Just seen the Welsh weather for the Brecon area over the week-end and it's gonna be very wet on friday, reasonbly dry on Saturday and rain again on Sunday.

Comment

Ok people, this is just a heads up for those of you bringing tents...............

Just seen the Welsh weather for the Brecon area over the week-end and it's gonna be very wet on friday, reasonbly dry on Saturday and rain again on Sunday.
                I'll be sleeping in my steel 4wd tent
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• Not according to the latest from the BEEB. Light showers Friday and Saturday.

With this in mind, and the fact that we're barbieing, is anyone bringing a gazebo? I have a 4m square one I can chuck in the truck if you think it's a good idea (Andy?)

Re. the barbie itself, I take it that it's an 'eat what you brung' event by the way Woodzie is getting orders in for meat, and not a turn up with something and eat whatever is being cooked at the time? (If you know what I mean?!?!)

What time are people planning to arrive on site? I dont want to be first there, but I dont want to be too fashionably late either!

Comment

Bump!
                    Vince, your clock is seriously screwed mate!

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache
                      Not according to the latest from the BEEB. Light showers Friday and Saturday.

With this in mind, and the fact that we're barbieing, is anyone bringing a gazebo? I have a 4m square one I can chuck in the truck if you think it's a good idea (Andy?)

Re. the barbie itself, I take it that it's an 'eat what you brung' event by the way Woodzie is getting orders in for meat, and not a turn up with something and eat whatever is being cooked at the time? (If you know what I mean?!?!)

What time are people planning to arrive on site? I dont want to be first there, but I dont want to be too fashionably late either!

I'll bump this one then!

Comment

• Are you all still planning to head off from the camsite and into the hills at about 3pm? I've got to work till midday but don't want to miss any of the fun later on
                        where's this bit go then?

Comment

• Hehe, anyone seen the weather forecast for tomorrow? We are SO not barbecuing without serious amounts of accellerant!

Saturday looks OK though, which is the main thing...

I think I'll lob the gazebo in the back of the truck!

Comment

Saturday looks OK though, which is the main thing...

I think I'll lob the gazebo in the back of the truck!
                            Yes - Please bring the gazebo!

Arrival times - I am planning on picking up the convoy somewhere near Brecon about midday ish?!?

We will be at the campsite by 1pm (allowing for slow/lost convoy LOL)

Set up camp in the pouring rain then who knows?!? If we do head to the hills it won't be too far - Eppynt maybe? over to Brecon?

Comment

• Hope the weather improves!

If it doesn't, no flying display, the barbie will be a washout...

It is still persisting down in Malvern. Walking home from the pub would have been easier with canoe-shoes.

I'm afraid I'm gonna set up the gazebo so it covers the back foot or so of my truck and sit on the tailgate drinking all night

If you wanna join me in relative comfort (ie, not needing a f***ing aqualung!) feel free!

Bl00dy St David... mutter mutter...

Comment

Hope the weather improves!

If it doesn't, no flying display, the barbie will be a washout...

It is still persisting down in Malvern. Walking home from the pub would have been easier with canoe-shoes.

I'm afraid I'm gonna set up the gazebo so it covers the back foot or so of my truck and sit on the tailgate drinking all night

If you wanna join me in relative comfort (ie, not needing a f***ing aqualung!) feel free!

Bl00dy St David... mutter mutter...
                                From what I just seen on the News about the weather ya may need a Boat
                                Enjoy !!!!!

There's always a Payback .... You just won't see it Comin !!!!
                                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                                X