Clear All

• Originally posted by pops
    NO but tracy said i can have yours as you dont use it
    JEALOUS
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

• We have an Alko anti-sway hitch on our caravan. I moved it to the new storage place yesterday and it didn't want to let go. After winding up the jockey wheel I had to jump up on the back bumper to release it. Anyone else have this porblem?
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

• We used to have this problem until last year when we learned that Alko had brought out a newly designed ball. Had one fitted to the towbar and it now comes off with no problems.

Keith

Comment

• We allegedly had the new style ball fitted when we bought the caravan. It has been OK for a couple of years and has only just started sticking. I degreased the towball and the inside of the hitch before I moved the van.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

• We also had an Alko towball fitted when we got the can four years ago. That ball gave the problems but the newly designed one we got last year solved them.

Keith

Comment

• Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              We allegedly had the new style ball fitted when we bought the caravan. It has been OK for a couple of years and has only just started sticking. I degreased the towball and the inside of the hitch before I moved the van.

Not to insult your intelegance but do you rub the ball with emery paper before
              hitching up your van ? I do this every time and i have had no trouble
              The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

• Originally posted by biglift
                Not to insult your intelegance but do you rub the ball with emery paper before
                hitching up your van ? I do this every time and i have had no trouble
                You are supposed to keep the ALKO SWAN NECK tow ball in tip top condition.
                NO RUST & NO GREASE
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

• I keep my ball clean by using a towball boot. The problem with the design of the towball was to do with the shape/size of the neck of the ball.

Comment

• Alko towball and standard towball
                    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

• I have the one on the left.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

• Warning

It is not safe to attach an ALKO Tow Bracket to a normal ball as it is dangerous
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

• Originally posted by marky
                          It is not safe to attach an ALKO Tow Bracket to a normal ball as it is dangerous
                          they just say that cos they're tested together and so you'll buy their gear...

if the holes line up on a £2.99 one... stick it on!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

• Originally posted by da SLUG man
                            they just say that cos they're tested together and so you'll buy their gear...

if the holes line up on a £2.99 one... stick it on!
                            Sorry Matt, I disagree. If you look at the Alko one it is flat underneath. The Alko won't grip onto a rounded ball and could jump off.
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

• Other thing is the ball is further away from the mounting bracket and avoids the hitch making contact, which some do on a standard ball.
                              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

• It's terrible trying to sleep in the basement says HIPPO man that likes to get stuck & Embaress us by getting recovered by a LAMEROVER
                                (\__/)
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X