Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marky
    Its getting closer for my Caravan to come out of HIBERNATION
    Just been giving mine a good going over this week, greasing all round, adjusting brakes, general servicing really.
    We're out for the first time this year next weekend, hoping weather is fair, can't expect it to be good at this time of year.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

• ended up having full week instead of the weekend, and i can now say im a all year round vanner, brilliant had a gas bulk head regulator go on me but a trip to a dealers for a replacement, not very happy about the messing about but sorted now van is a joy and warm as toast on a nite, lookig forward to a couple of weeks now for our niext rip off
      if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

• I'm bringing mine home next month for a SPRING CLEAN.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

• mover

hi chaps!! whats the best moter mover, an not the 800 quid ones????? need one to get the van out of the back garden

Comment

• Originally posted by joymic
            hi chaps!! whats the best moter mover, an not the 800 quid ones????? need one to get the van out of the back garden
            I dont need one but someone may give some comment to this.
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

• mover

hi mark !! where in manchester are u

Comment

• Motor moover

hi chaps!! whats the best moter mover, an not the 800 quid ones????? need one to get the van out of the back garden.

When I looked into this a couple of years ago I decided that the Powertouch was the best. Certainly not £800 - about £1200 for a twin axle model but works a treat both at home and away. The BigFoot seemed to be the best of the other type.

Comment

• Originally posted by joymic
                  hi mark !! where in manchester are u
                  SALE the posh part.
                  KEITH is on about the MOVER attached to the CHASSIS of the caravan.
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

• mover

cheers for that, u can buy one that u wind a handle, called hitchdrive n,eed to see one before i buy one. to get the van out of the back ihave to pu$$$$ down a ginnel and at the end theres a slite hill on the corner, god does that make u sweat !!!!!

Comment

• Ive only ever seen the CHASSIS mounted one in action.
                      All the Kids say " Where does the DRIVER Sit"
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

• Best motor mover??

3ltr 2nd gen in BLUE
                        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

• My old 2.4 Performed well with this BEAST only Because it was BLUE
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

• Hi Joymic. In answer to your original query, if you only want one to move the van at home then something like a Mr Shifta is probably what you need. These connect to the tow hitch and will pull the van quite well. However, they are very heavy and not recommended if you want to carry something with you to use once you get on site. For that, a chassis fixed model is best and Powrtouch are probably the most reasonably priced of those, with good spares back-up.

If you just want something light and easy to use, but probably hard work on the arms, then a Purple Hitchdrive (I think that's what it's called) is relatively cheap but doesn't cope well with gradients. Motorised is definitely easier but obviously more expensive. That said, the Mr Shifta type are always coming up for sale secondhand, either in the caravan mags or E&M etc.
                            Mike G

Comment

• I'm bringing mine home for a SPRING CLEAN Tommorrow
                              (\__/)
                              (")_(")

Comment

• yes Markey were sortin ours out for another outing over easter weekend then the trips off hot up, to the Newquay Holls wohooooooooooooo, dont ya just love gettin away
                                if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Working...
                                X