No announcement yet.

New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to look tidy now, and those seats fit a treat in there.

Comment

• Very nice what have you used to dye the dash, or is it spray?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trunks View Post
        Very nice what have you used to dye the dash, or is it spray?
        Autotek trim paint. It has a high solvent content to bind with the plastic so be careful with it pal.
        Brian

Comment

• Cab rear window fitted (landy part! shhhhh!)

Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Decided to blank off the wee hollow and spare switches in centre console with polished alloy plate, it only collects sticky 1p's and crisps anyway.
            Alan

Comment

• Started on alloy door cards today.

Made rear bulkhead closer panel, bonded and riveted into place.

Alan

Comment

• Alloy top finisher fitted to closer panel.

Alan

Comment

• looking very smart there chaps! always attention to detail.

like the window even if it is off the LR, why complicate simple things!

just a quick question. will the bog standard pipe bender from machine mart 10t bend a 50mm dia 3.2mm thick scaffold tube and not squash the bend? not after mendrel type but not folded over? as have designed new front and back bumper for winch and wanting to use tube but not sure how it will bend?
                  http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

• I can't say for sure but if you are getting a crease try running a weld inside the lip of the former and grind it back to get a very tight fit. Also make sure and sand the scaffy poles well as they are not great to weld.

Glad you like the progress, I know a painted 3mm alloy panel is a bit ott for behind the seats, however, resorting to ply just seemed wrong after all the fabrication to get this far.
                    Last edited by yoshie; 10 March 2014, 15:03.
                    Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by Growler View Post
                      Starting to look tidy now, and those seats fit a treat in there.
                      Sorry Andy I missed this. Thanks for the comments pal.
                      Brian

Comment

• Is it finished yet😉😊

Comment

• Originally posted by mickyod View Post
                          Is it finished yet😉😊
                          Nope, I had every intention of fitting both seats and making the second door card this afternoon. I failed. I only got the divers seat rail made and the seat in.
                          Hopefully the passenger side will now be easier.
                          Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Nope, I had every intention of fitting both seats and making the second door card this afternoon. I failed. I only got the divers seat rail made and the seat in.
                            Hopefully the passenger side will now be easier.
                            Stick at it mate, you will get there soon enough😊

Comment

• Second door card made and the top runner and door plastics painted ready for reassembly. I also dyed the head lining black. Hopefully I will get the passenger seat in tomorrow along with the above and I will have an almost complete and refurbished interior.

Still in need of the centre dash section (stereo area) and a steering cowl if anyone can help.
                              Last edited by yoshie; 22 March 2014, 16:48.
                              Brian

Comment

• Sorry bud,
                                If ya needed Some wind deflectors side steps or a spare standard alloy or two I could help but interior bits I don't have..

Surely someone on here has the required bits so Yoshie can actually get some pics of the finished job up..come on lads dig deep 😊

Comment

Working...
                                X