No announcement yet.

New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED high level brake light? Or working lights for bed tucked under the bars maybe? I know you love wiring.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      LED high level brake light? Or working lights for bed tucked under the bars maybe? I know you love wiring.
      I am away out to melt metal again today, maybe start on a bumper for the front
      Brian

Comment

• You got enough tube lying about?
        Alan

Comment

You got enough tube lying about?

Not much 2'' left as I had to do those sliders today. I had a little faff about last thing and started to mocked this up. None of the joints are coped and its just tacked together.

8 bolts in the brackets on that bottom tube so it is solid perfect for a couple of recovery points.
          Need to bend round the sides and replace that top one with a longer one I can bend round to the arch.

Do you think the stinger needs to be a few inches higher, it definitely needs to move out another inch.

Last edited by yoshie; 13 April 2013, 19:18.
          Brian

Comment

• First layer of speedliner applied.

Alan

Comment

• All over the oak too?

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                All over the oak too?
                Oak
                Alan

Comment

• I'm liking the front bumper so far .
                  PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Oak
                    Due to the craftmanship thats obvioulsy gone into the build, I didn't want to just say wood.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Due to the craftmanship thats obvioulsy gone into the build, I didn't want to just say wood.
                      Good quality treated ply will have to do.
                      Alan

Comment

• Oak'd be very nice, but it'd split to bits spaced out like that, with the differing moisture levels throughout the year.
                        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Carried on with the mock up of the front bumper.
                          Opinions welcome on whether I should go with the infill sections which I would drill with some sort of hole cut pattern or do I leave them open.

I know its not level it's just a bodge of an idea for now.

You can see the side and top mounting points is these two and a brace I fitted behind the main tubes nice and solid even in tacked un-coped

[/URL]

[/URL]

Open

[/URL]
                          [/URL]

Closed

[/URL]
                          [/URL]
                          Brian

Comment

• closed, so you can put extra fogs in??
                            the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

• Deffo infill Brian. Nice fog/spot type thing in there. Google images shows loads without infill, but nowt with. Break the mould, again.
                              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Good work bro, infills alloy? some nice DRL's in there would be nice.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X