No announcement yet.

New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The front doors are longer on the two door, they're the same as the Hilux pickup.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      The front doors are longer on the two door, they're the same as the Hilux pickup.
      I didn't know that. I might look for a new hi lux carpet hopefully easier to get than a surf one.
      I would like to tart the interior up given the work going into the rest of the truck.

I have another 4 door 2nd gen here I will get a tape on the over all body sizes for comparison
      Last edited by yoshie; 7 April 2013, 21:21.
      Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        I didn't know that. I might look for a new hi lux carpet hopefully easier to get than a surf one.
        I would like to tart the interior up given the work going into the rest of the truck.

I have a four door Surf carpet here for sale, I was going to scrub it up and dye it black before sticking it on my parts for sale thread.

£25 cleaned or £40 cleaned and dyed black.

Comment

I have a four door Surf carpet here for sale, I was going to scrub it up and dye it black before sticking it on my parts for sale thread.

£25 cleaned or £40 cleaned and dyed black.
          The 40 option please
          Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            The 40 option please

Reserved.

Comment

Reserved.
              Excellent.
              Brian

Comment

• new build

you drilled holes in the bed to let water out?
                dont follow the rut`s......make yer own

Comment

• Originally posted by rjd1 View Post
                  It will only go out on sunny days.

No need bed finish and tailgate fit will deal with that
                  Last edited by yoshie; 8 April 2013, 17:49.
                  Brian

Comment

How many pickups you see with holes in the bed?
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                      How many pickups you see with holes in the bed?
                      just wie you sealing and bonding wood in bud, nowt worse than black build up under the boards seen a few vw wie it, trapped gunk an water an its easy to wash oot lol

still looks gid though
                      dont follow the rut`s......make yer own

Comment

just wie you sealing and bonding wood in bud, nowt worse than black build up under the boards seen a few vw wie it, trapped gunk an water an its easy to wash oot lol

still looks gid though

Pardon?

Comment

Pardon?
                          He's writing in an accent I think, or he's just uniquely peculiar in his spelling!
                          It sounds scottiish when I read it...and i can't understand a word they say... so it's perfect!

Brian,
                          My liner doesn't have any holes... before i sealed the back properly, if you parked nose down, there would be a swimming pool in the back.

I suppose as you suggest, stripping the tailgate of rubbers will allow any water to drain quite easily.

Maybe putting a drain hole into the original truck bed might be not a bad idea just in case you get any trapped water, ut I wouldn't go drilling your wood bud.
                          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Nae need for drains, there is a nice wee gap at the rear tailgate that and water will run out of when the truck is on an up slope.
                            The bed will be fully sealed and the speedliner is used on wave pools because it's 100% effective and very hard wearing.
                            http://www.surfparkcentral.com/ameri...ve-technology/

Bed edges sealed with aircraft epoxy tonight, will need sanded to shape once hardened.
                            Alan

Comment

• Alan doing a bit for a change

Last edited by yoshie; 8 April 2013, 22:13.
                              Brian

Comment

still looks gid though
                                Cheers Robin. we have the option of removing a few large grommits from underneath the truck if it lets any water in, but my liberal use of all the bonding and sealing agents should hopefully do the trick.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X