No announcement yet.

New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which epoxy have you used? I have a wee ongoing project that needs a similar wood/metal interface
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Originally posted by Growler View Post
      I think you'll find most pickups have at least one, if not two included drain holes in the front corners of the bed for when you have to park down hill.
      My old Nissan had four, one at each corner.

Comment

Looking good Brian, definitely going to be a truck to be proud of when finished

I'm proud of it and I had nothing to do with it!

Definitely the best ever build on here.

Comment

I think you'll find most pickups have at least one, if not two included drain holes in the front corners of the bed for when you have to park down hill.

I know my old Hilux did, and was handy when it needed scubbing out
          Rusty holes can count as drain holes I suppose.

This truck will be living at the end of a long fairly steep hill so it should get emptied on a regular basis.
          I did think about drain holes but you'll understand why they aren't needed when you see the speedliner applied. It won't matter if water is collected and allowed to stand, even freeze, the speedliner will cope magnificently.

Time constraints for me leave me only helping out now and again but I really enjoy seeing this truck come back to life, I think it's gonna be a bit special when it's done.

Probably need one of those V8 thingy's before long.
          Last edited by KERRSURF; 9 April 2013, 23:18.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Which epoxy have you used? I have a wee ongoing project that needs a similar wood/metal interface
            It's called Aerok 9150, I have a couple of spare tubes but it needs a special applicator gun which I can borrow but only at certain times and not for days at a time. If you want to get everything ready and let me know I could get the gun and apply the epoxy for you. Gun works on compressed air. You could cut tubes and mix thoroughly by hand for smaller applications.
            http://www.forgeway.com/products/aerok

Hey Brian, I'm looking at that pic above and thinking the alloy would be really nice polished up, it would go with the 'T' alloy infills and the angle edge we are gonna fit. We can remove the alloy plate, polish it, speedline the plastic and edges of tailgate and then re-fit the plate. Whaddya fink?
            Last edited by KERRSURF; 9 April 2013, 23:15.
            Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              I'm proud of it and I had nothing to do with it!

Definitely the best ever build on here.
              I dunno mate, there's a bloke on here who does some nice engine installs and other bling bits.
              Alan

Comment

• Plasma cutter play, hope the window fits

Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                  It's called Aerok 9150, I have a couple of spare tubes but it needs a special applicator gun which I can borrow but only at certain times and not for days at a time. If you want to get everything ready and let me know I could get the gun and apply the epoxy for you. Gun works on compressed air. You could cut tubes and mix thoroughly by hand for smaller applications.
                  Cheers mate, I'll take you up on that offer. It's for a wee job on a caravan; once I get the other stuff done, I'll give you a shout.

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                    I dunno mate, there's a bloke on here who does some nice engine installs and other bling bits.

"Anyone can paint an engine, making it look factory fitted is where the real skill is."
                    According to the pickup forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      Cheers mate, I'll take you up on that offer. It's for a wee job on a caravan; once I get the other stuff done, I'll give you a shout.
                      Nae bother.
                      Alan

Comment

• Love the proportions of that mate, will look excellent when it's fitted.
                        Alan

Comment

• Not being critical, but I am in a way...

Hi Brian,
                          Rather than cut to fit the window you have, why didn't you follow those nice lines and have some glass cut to suit. Or is it ( a lot more expensive) more technical than that?

If the glass had followed those B Pillar lines, it would have looked so "factory fit"

Hard to criticise such fantastic work, just a thought that I had.
                          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                            Hi Brian,
                            Rather than cut to fit the window you have, why didn't you follow those nice lines and have some glass cut to suit. Or is it ( a lot more expensive) more technical than that?

If the glass had followed those B Pillar lines, it would have looked so "factory fit"

you mean something like this toyota tacoma?
                            the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                              Hi Brian,

Thanks for the idea John happy to hear peoples thoughts always good as you can get to single minded when your close and working on a project every other day. However, on this one pal the roll bars would be the visual draw as they would cover part of a full width window.
                              In my head i was fitting a smaller window than I have ended up with. However I am happier with the slightly larger Landy cab window but then I have always liked the 90.
                              Last edited by yoshie; 13 April 2013, 00:29.
                              Brian

Comment

• Budweiser's pic is what I was on about, but agree, if you are covering it with a roll bar, your design might/(will probably!) be better...

As you were...

Fantstic work Brian, I'm sure you could upset a few folk on the pick up forum with that truck!
                                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                                X