Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrecarvalho
    Man,

Your console is out of this world! Congratulations! Would you have by chance its measurements?
    Thanks in advance.

André in Brazil
    Dont have any measurements to hand but i'll measure it and let you know, Cheers Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Another pic, i've changed it round a bit from the original layout, dumped the multi-changer and fitted the veg tank temp gauges and level gauge,
      Attached Files

Comment

I like that a lot Ian. Do you have any drawings / dimensions of the shape? No sense in reinventing the wheel, so I figured I'd just copy yours
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

How the hell do you lot find the time to do all this stuff, god by the time i get in from work & have something too eat its time for bed & most weekends are a blur,& not through drink.

Hats off too you, wish i had the time & brains to attempt something like that.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Cheers Andy /Si, only posted these extra pic as "Joecuba" emailed me wanting info/pics on it, i dont have any measurements but if you want i'll rough measure it and let you know, but basicly you can do it yourselves very easily, all depends on how big you want yours to be, i just took a mearurement from door to door at the point i wanted the front to be, then from the center of that to the windscreen and also from the center to the roof lineing, accounting for the angle i wanted, then measurements at set points say every 2" from the center working out to each side to the screen and roof, mark all these as you go onto card and this will give you the rough curvature of the screen and the headliner, cut out the card and tape together and offer it up, you can trim the card till your happy with the fit/look and then similar measurements for the center bit, again as big/shape as you like, trans fer the card to ply and screw, glue it all together reinforse the edges with pine to stop the whole thing flapping and sand /plane smoothe edges etc, spray glue cloth, carpet, whatever covering you want on and fit as i did , big hinge at the front so you can drop it down easy, threaded rod or "big head" at the back (i fixed it to the long flat bar in the pics,) with a dome nut and two brackets at either ends and black screws to help support the ends, easy to drop down and fit stuff and run wireing to,

only prob i have is banging my head on it but you soon learn to get in a certain way to avoid the pain

Comment

Working...
            X