Split Rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Rad

Can anyone help with the recomendation of a rad firm in NW London ( Barnet ).
    My rad has split it was due to be re-newed but not just yet. Its caught me on the sly.

Geoff.
    Rubblebags (Geoff).

B & Q sell RADS geoff
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
      Can anyone help with the recomendation of a rad firm in NW London ( Barnet ).
      My rad has split it was due to be re-newed but not just yet. Its caught me on the sly.

Geoff.
      Geoff , go see my mate John at Viking rads in Harrow , 0208 427 6400. Tell him you want a upgraded core and want to pay CASH . He does my rads for an average £70 including upgraded core .
      I would think £150 for a Surf .

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Geoff,

I am also curious about upgrading the rad... I had just heard about John at Viking yesterday, as I sailed through my MOT (just)...

Viking Radiator Co Tel: 020 8427 0676
        21 Springfield Rd,
        Harrow,
        Middlesex
        HA1 1QF

Let me know when you are going down... I will try and tag along.

andyL

Comment

Having had my radiator re-cored twice in as many months I have since found out Milners do a brand new rad for £160.00 + vat which is about what I ended up paying for one of the re-cores anyway.
          No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            B & Q sell RADS geoff
            Marky

Words cant describe you, although Im sure someone will come along with one

any minute.
            Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              Geoff , go see my mate John at Viking rads in Harrow , 0208 427 6400. Tell him you want a upgraded core and want to pay CASH . He does my rads for an average £70 including upgraded core .
              I would think £150 for a Surf .

Rick
              Thanks Rick thought you would come up trumps ,yours is a pint of whatever.

Hi Codlord thanks but mines is an Auto I should of said.

Andy it will be in the next couple of days Ill pm you.

Thanks

Geoff.
              Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

You try & help some people and they just insult you LOL
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Just had a thought Geoff . As you have an auto and do towing , why not ditch the autobox internal core from the rad and fit an external autobox cooler and have the coolant rad just for the engine . More capacity for engine cooling and better coolong for auto box . Could/would be cheaper for recore , but got to buy aotobox cooler kit .

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                    Just had a thought Geoff . As you have an auto and do towing , why not ditch the autobox internal core from the rad and fit an external autobox cooler and have the coolant rad just for the engine . More capacity for engine cooling and better coolong for auto box . Could/would be cheaper for recore , but got to buy aotobox cooler kit .

Rick
                    Yea I thought of that but your talking in excess of 1/4 Grand ouch for a split rad. That sort of money is not accessible at the moment.
                    The rad was coping quite well on the Hale run so I think the extra size coring job will do the trick.????????? Going have to weigh my options up. Another restless night.

Geoff.
                    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

I got a more than ample slush box cooler from Real Steel, that cools the oil (or muddy water last time I looked! ) in my autobox behind the V8 more than enough. Cost me about £80.

Then you can get a manual Rad without the oil cooler in the bottom from Milners nice and cheap.

Which I think is what pa was getting at.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Surely was son .Mind gets a little scrammbled after 2 pints of Old Spice .

Rick

Comment

I got a more than ample slush box cooler from Real Steel, that cools the oil (or muddy water last time I looked! ) in my autobox behind the V8 more than enough. Cost me about £80.

Then you can get a manual Rad without the oil cooler in the bottom from Milners nice and cheap.

If I remember correctly was your rad not cooled by two electric fans. If so where did you put the oil cooler.???
                          Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

It was, 2 pusher fans on the outside, the oil cooler was just cable tied to the inside of the rad, in one corner, as per instructions.

If you have no room cos of the viscous belt driven fan, you put it on the outside of the rad.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It was, 2 pusher fans on the outside, the oil cooler was just cable tied to the inside of the rad, in one corner, as per instructions.

If you have no room cos of the viscous belt driven fan, you put it on the outside of the rad.
                              I always put oil coolers on the grille side of the engine coolant rad at the corner nearest to coolant outlet at bottom, as this is the coolest part of the engine coolant rad and the air will have cooled the auto cooler first , not picked up hot air from the rad if mounted engine side of rad . The increase to engine rad temp from auto cooler when mounted grille side , in my opinion , would be minimal .
                              Only my opinion .

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X