AT Tyres recommendation........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT Tyres recommendation........

I've got road tyres on a 3rd Gen and while they are great on-road on and motorways etc..., they are just awful off-road so i'm contemplating buying some AT's.

I'm leaning towards BFG T/A KO's. Seen lots of Landcruisers etc..., on YouTube vids running these in some pretty dire off-road conditions and they seem to work really well. The ratings for on-road use, specially in the wet, for an A/T look good too.

I realise a fair number of these off-road used trucks run lockers and i suspect even with road tyres they'd be pretty good however, i have a bog standard 3rd Gen SSR-G with an LSD at the rear and no lift, and i'm about to start doing some Greenlaning and the odd off-road venue but because i still do a fair few tarmac miles i thought AT's would fit the bill.

I've seen General Grabber AT3's on a few 4x4's from the factory, been considering Toyo, Michelin, Pirelli and Conti.

I know some of you use your Surfs as they were meant to be used and no doubt you all have your opinions on off-road tyres therefore i would like to hear your recommends.

I won't be needing M/T tyres just yet as the stuff i intend to do won't be so demanding.
    Now it's time to play!

I've just had a good look around at other threads on here about A/T tyres and i've made up my mind as a result. BFG T/A KO are the way forward
    Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
      I've just had a good look around at other threads on here about A/T tyres and i've made up my mind as a result. BFG T/A KO are the way forward
      You won't go far wrong with them, i wanted the BFG's but settled for the GG AT2's & i was more than happy with them.
      Similar tread to the BFG, good in wet & dry, great off road & quiet on the motorway.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Can't ask for any more than that. Really long lasting and very puncture resistant too. Apparently in the USA BFG guarantee they will do 50000 miles or 5yrs. Bonus!
        Now it's time to play!

Comment

Can't ask for any more than that. Really long lasting and very puncture resistant too. Apparently in the USA BFG guarantee they will do 50000 miles or 5yrs. Bonus!
          I sold my truck before i could wear the tyres out but i think i got 20,000 out of them & they still looked like new so the BFG's will probably do as you say "50,000" as long as you've not got a heavy right foot.

Comment

Now it's time to play!

Comment

got GG AT2's at the min and they are very good for the money,

but when they have worn I will probably go for BFG AT's in 31/10.5/15 or 33/10.5/15 to avoid the need of a lift

Comment

Speaking of upsizing.....Does anyone know the max tyre size i can run on my 3rd Gen without a lift? Standard and what i run is 265/70/16.
                Now it's time to play!

Comment

Speaking of upsizing.....Does anyone know the max tyre size i can run on my 3rd Gen without a lift? Standard and what i run is 265/70/16.
                  Without a lift thats about your lot.
                  Сви можемо

Comment

that's a real shame, never mind
                    Now it's time to play!

Comment

that's a real shame, never mind
                      You can fit 265/75/16 but i personally would'nt bother, stick with the 265/70/16 as they give a better ride.

Comment

Do these BFG's wobble much at all? I heard a couple of comments on threads i've read about some inherent wobble at 50-55mph and difficulties balancing them.
                        Now it's time to play!

Comment

Do these BFG's wobble much at all? I heard a couple of comments on threads i've read about some inherent wobble at 50-55mph and difficulties balancing them.
                          From what i hear they are the mutts nutts mate, just buy them, you won't regret it.

Comment

Now it's time to play!

Comment

After 4 years my GG AT2's (265x70x16's on steels) look half worn n still perform well on/off road ....

12+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota, no it's not spotless !!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X