t/c engagement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t/c engagement.

I wonder if there is such a way, that the 4wd computer can be bypassed, to engage the transfer rod?

Being new to 'Real' 4x4's, I'm not exactly sure what is economically feasable, would I be right in saying, that the original hilux transfer case mechanism, was entirely mechanical?

(I'd rather limit the amount of 'computer controls, if I can
    Less computer=less room for error.
    Mechanical systems can be easily inspected and maintained.)

And if so, off the back of that,... Is it worth me pratting around with it?

Of course I accept that it's easy just to buy a new 4wd computer, but I don't know where the fault is, also I have never seen the 4wd light on the dash.
    Not even a flicker.
    Not once.
    HELP
    Everything happens for a reason, and only one way....
    The way it does!

The first 3 things I'd do are: Have a look at the links at the bottom of this page, use the search function and check out Bushwhacker's ADD modification.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

ta Albannach, I forgot to mention i have already done Bushwhackers ADD modification.

I know the 4wd button works, and I know the motor turns, but don't know if the 4wd black box is working. As I haven't had the instrument panel to bits yet, I don't know if the 4wd light even works.

If I could find out how to test the 4wd black box, that might help, as there ain't much else left to check,....

Anybody know any good auto-electricians en frog?

Sorry, forget I asked that
      Last edited by LemmingLegion; 22 February 2011, 10:53.
      The way it does!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        The first 3 things I'd do are: Have a look at the links at the bottom of this page, use the search function and check out Bushwhacker's ADD modification.
        I checked out all the posts but didn't find anything more than I have already tried/done.

any other ideas please?
        The way it does!

Comment

Working...
        X