4wd problem engaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kieran2698
    think i found the problem, the solenoids are the little boxes atached to the body right? theres two differnt lots. the ones further from the front end, are they the ones? Theres a pipe that leads accross the turbo that has a t joint in it. If thats the one that must be the problem as that joined pipe just dont lead to anything, its not even got a long enough pipe on it to reach the alternator but i recon thats where its suposed to headin.
    There should be a small vacuum hose (as well as the bigger brake booster one) that comes from the vacuum pump (on the front of the alt) up to a t-piece by the Turbo, then one way goes across the motor to the Shut Down and EGR VSV's, and the other way to the 4wd VSV's. It actually goes to the vacuum resorvoir tank under the front wing first, then back to the VSV's.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

any diagrams of where the pipe should be heading? under the wing? in the wheel arch is that?

Comment

Originally posted by kieran2698
        any diagrams of where the pipe should be heading? under the wing? in the wheel arch is that?
        Yeah, if you have a wheel arch liner, you might not see it. The tank is right at the front in the wheel arch, behind the lower part of the headlight panel.

I'd disconnect it, and run the pipe from the T straight to the VSV's while you screwing around testing things, it means you can rule out it leaking while you work on the other stuff. You'll need the motor running to supply vacuum remember.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

ok thats easy to find, i'll have to take a look tomorow in the light, i guess it will have a join it it that the moody romanian who over charged me didint bother to reconnect.

Comment

I cant find where the pipe leading to the alternator should be terminated. I know there s a pump here for the vacum, theres larger pipes leading off, but i cant find anywhere for the little one to go. its a new alternator maybe it doesnt have the facility??

Comment

Working...
              X