No announcement yet.

Rear De-fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the light on the dash works then chances are you will have power past the fuse.
    Most likely cause is a broken cable. (assuming it's a second gen with drop down tailgate)
    Open tailgate. look to the left hand side. there is a plastic sheath , covering a whole bunch of cables.
    These exit the tailgate and go up into the rear wing of the truck. Most braekages occur in the bit you can get at.
    Take the sheathing off and use Alabannach's excellent trick of sticking a pin in the cable to test continuity (along with a multimeter or a battery and bulb setup)

Hope you find it
    Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

thanks tintin

will try that dont suppose you know where the relay and fuse are just in case
      i like to be prepared for every eventuality

cheers jon

Comment

Fuse on my 92 2nd gen is tucked in the drivers side footwell. (lid of cover about 4"x3", fuses marked on inside of lid)
        Relay is after the fuse in sequence so if you have power at the fuse it's unlikely there is anything wrong with the relay. Location is behind the trim in the rear of the truck. (complete pig to get at)
        open tailgate look at little cubbyhole on your left. Relay is mounted (i think) slightly above the cubbyhole and closer to the rear. (behind the plastic, Requires a fair amount of dismantling to get at)
        Good luck
        Alan

PS. When testing electrics make sure the window is in fully closed position!
        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X