Remote Central Locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike66
    Has anyone managed to get this working yet . I would like to know because i need to get it done on me own surf!!!!!
    No, can't get the damned thing to work. It's got power, it's relays trigger, but the locking doesn't fire. Doesn't help that the instructions aren't exactly clear or relate to how the Surf is wired. Might have to get a mate of mine (who is an electronics engineer) onto it.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Cheers Paul
      keep us posted will you mate!

Mike
      I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
        No, can't get the damned thing to work. It's got power, it's relays trigger, but the locking doesn't fire. Doesn't help that the instructions aren't exactly clear or relate to how the Surf is wired. Might have to get a mate of mine (who is an electronics engineer) onto it.

Had any luck with this yet???
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
          Had any luck with this yet???
          Ooops, forgot to post back.

I eventually got it working (the problem was that I had shorted it out at one point and blew a couple of tracks on the circuit board, quick solder later an all was well.)

I basically used a multi-meter to figure out how the kit worked. Following the second wiring diagram IIRC, I got it wired up with a slight adjustment for the Surf. One of the wires that the instructions says to wire to the power feed I connected to earth (can't remember which, but if you have a multi-meter it's easy to find out), I did this because the Surf uses a negative switched system instead of live switched which is more usual. I then attached the two output wires to the wires that come out of the door switch. There is a post somewhere by I think it was NedNil that gives detailed instructions about which wires to connect to. After that it all worked. I still haven't wired it up to flash the hazards yet, may get round to it at some point.

Hope that helps.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
          X