Remote Central Locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Central Locking

Has anyone installed remote central locking without an alarm? any problems associated with this type of installation?

Cheers

I believe that you can get remote controlled relays that will do the job. They are designed for the boy racers with their fancy lights, so they can be switched on and off remotely. If wired into the drivers door lock they should do the job.
    I think, in theory, I'm guessing really but the one I looked at said it could be used for remote central locking, and I was toying with the idea of trying it on the rear window.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Got one on eBay

I bought a kit off eBay with two remotes. Includes 4 solenoids, which I won't need, but otherwise should be able to tie it into the existing electrics (as per the last email). Cost around £20 + P&P - didn't come with any instructions though - that said I think I'm up to the task. (Will do this after I've completed my veg oil conversion - bought nearly 500 ltrs of oil from CostCo so far!)

Rob
      Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

rob, if your kit has the black box with 9 wires on a block connector (red black blue greenbrown white grey orange yellow) and a 2 button remote with a red led on it... i got fitting instruction and wiring diagram.... but no scannner. email me and i'll photocopy it if you like
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          rob, if your kit has the black box with 9 wires on a block connector (red black blue greenbrown white grey orange yellow) and a 2 button remote with a red led on it... i got fitting instruction and wiring diagram.... but no scannner. email me and i'll photocopy it if you like
          Wow thanks. Kit is sat on back seat of surf awaiting fitting. Will grab it tomorrow and let you know.

Cheers m8.

Comment

mine is too! been there 2 months....
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Has anyone fitted one of these..?? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Do they look any good????
              It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                No, unfortunately a different model. Fewer wires and different colours!

Thanx anyway.

Rob

Comment

I've just bought this on ebay. Not arrived yet, but hoping it will be an easy install. I plan to wire it off the switch in the drivers door if at all possible.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                    I've just bought this on ebay. Not arrived yet, but hoping it will be an easy install. I plan to wire it off the switch in the drivers door if at all possible.
                    Slugsie, I'd be very interested to know how you get on with this. I'm tempted to get the same kit...
                    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                      Slugsie, I'd be very interested to know how you get on with this. I'm tempted to get the same kit...
                      OK, will keep you posted..... when it turns up.
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Yeah I saw that kit as well so keep us posted how you get on

Comment

i know it sounds picky, but it always puts me off when the seller has copied the details off the box, and its riddled with spelling mistakes... i must be getting old..
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Ok...

...as per usual, I've been easily sidetracked. Veg oil conversion on hold. Remote central locking in progress!

But, I'm not getting far with the wiring. All the diagrams I have refer to the 4Runner and not the KZN130. They're ok for most things, but they're not much use with the central locking system.

To make things worse, even with a volt meter/test meter it's difficult to figure out what's going on.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a KZN130 wiring diagram for a KZN130 I'd be eternally grateful! (OK slight exageration (not sure how you spell that) but I'd be well chuffed!)

Rob

Comment

Has anyone managed to get this working yet . I would like to know because i need to get it done on me own surf!!!!!
                              I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X