No announcement yet.

Say hello to my little friend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It does sound the dogs b&@£cks when it fires though!
    ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• I was wondering if maybe the posts on the oil pressure sender had been labelled up wrong so I swapped them over, now the dial reads zero and goes up to about 6 on turning over, when I disconnect your oil pressure wire from the sender and switch the ignition on a can hear the pump going but when I re connect it stops?

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
        I was wondering if maybe the posts on the oil pressure sender had been labelled up wrong so I swapped them over, now the dial reads zero and goes up to about 6 on turning over, when I disconnect your oil pressure wire from the sender and switch the ignition on a can hear the pump going but when I re connect it stops?
        Thats correct.
        The pump runs when cranking (Key held in start position) and will only run continuously when the oil pressure builds up enough to earth out the oil pressure wire.

If it's a problem with the sender, you can connect the oil pressure wire to the 'L' wire (sense wire) at the alternator instead.

Re: the starting issue, maybe the S relay is faulty?

Did you connect the three wires at the ignition multi-plug to the wires I showed you in the photo?

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Thats correct.
          The pump runs when cranking (Key held in start position) and will only run continuously when the oil pressure builds up enough to earth out the oil pressure wire.

If it's a problem with the sender, you can connect the oil pressure wire to the 'L' wire (sense wire) at the alternator instead.
          is that the one that's bolted to the post?

Re: the starting issue, maybe the S relay is faulty?
          yeah I thought the same so swapped it out with a new one but still same, it's intermittent though as I had about 8 cranks and it was fine but then it came back again

Did you connect the three wires at the ignition multi-plug to the wires I showed you in the photo?
          I did yes

Comment

I did yes

The alternator 'L' wire is the one that goes to the charge light on the dash through the 'Charge' fuse in the box under the bonnet.

Comment

• Ok cool ill give that a go
              Cheers Vince

Comment

• Is the charge wire easily identifiable?
                Thanks

Comment

Is the charge wire easily identifiable?
                  Thanks
                  The yellow wire coming from the alternator plug.

Try connecting the red fuel pump wire to the ignition first to see if the engine runs continuously when started.. This will bypass the relay.

Comment

• I tried connecting pump to the ignition switch.
                    it still tries to start on its own even if the key is only turned to the ignition on position not the start position.
                    But when it doesn't do this and I try to start, it fires and sort of runs but only when the key is in start position, as soon as I turn the key back it stops dead, if I throttle while starting it revs up a little but again only while key is in start position.
                    Confused.com
                    Could the two wires going to the ignition switch be the wrong way round to cause this?

Comment

• Would reversing the two 12v+ wires at the ignition make any difference?
                      Thanks in advance vince

Comment

• It seems that the starter only gets stuck on when the truck is in neutral
                        Any ideas?

Comment

• Any thoughts Vince? Still stuck with this at mo.
                          Thanks

Comment

• Could the key sensor that was around the barrel be the problem with the not running?
                            Thanks

Comment

It seems that the starter only gets stuck on when the truck is in neutral
                              Any ideas?
                              Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
                              Could the key sensor that was around the barrel be the problem with the not running?
                              Thanks

Hmm, sounds like the neutral start switch is back feeding 12v to the starter relay.

OK what you need to do, is unplug the largest plug from the ECU, (34 pin plug on the far left) find the thin blue wire with a yellow stripe (Pin 13 which is between a black wire and black/white wire) and snip it approx 6" from the plug and tape over the end and wrap it into the loom.

Then with the 6" length left at the plug, solder a length of wire to it thats long enough for you to connect ignition 12v to it.

Just be aware though, that the engine will be able to be started in any gear.

Comment

• It seems that is already the case as when I was messing around with the other day and tried starting it, the truck started rolling forward.
                                I have an au to electritian here now trying to work it out. It seems the on wiggling the wires at the relays the starter keeps staying on but wiggle it the other way and it stops, which then allows you to try and start. But again it only fires while the key is in start position.

Comment

Working...
                                X