No announcement yet.

Lexurf IV - The Second Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind if you're stuck with the electrics I am available.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      Mind if you're stuck with the electrics I am available.
      Cheers mate, I'll bear that in mind
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Dashboard pic. I think the LEDs are maybe a bit bright; might dim them down a wee bit.

Comment

Excellent first draft.

What do they look like at night?

Comment

Very bright! I'll give it a chance to get myself used to them, if they still seem bright after a couple of weeks, I'll dim them down.

I used those strips, rather than individual LEDs, for the auxiliary gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

I used those strips, rather than individual LEDs, for the auxiliary gauges.
              I can tell, I did say they were too bright.

I used single 5mm LEDs pointing at the top centre of each auxillary gauge.
              As the needles move towards the centre, they get brighter. Handy for the temp gauge at least.

Are the white dial faces backlit?

Comment

Aye, you did. I wanted them more evenly lit though. I think they may be OK once I get used to them though. My green truck has broken 'plasma' dials, so I'm more used to no lights!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Are the white dial faces backlit?
                  They are backlit in blue just now, I need to re-think that too; it's too patchy.

Comment

Is it running properly now Andy? Are you far away from getting it back on the road?
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      Is it running properly now Andy? Are you far away from getting it back on the road?
                      It's running... It keeps getting soaked and drops the back 2-4 cylinders. There's lots of wee fiddly jobs to do on it, I'll work through them when I get the time.

No idea when it'll get back on the road, Insurance is becoming an issue and nobody locally will MOT it because the V5 says it's a 2.4 and the Kerb weights are wrong. So, some admin work to do too.

Comment

It's running... It keeps getting soaked and drops the back 2-4 cylinders.
                        Is that due to the bonnet vents?

No idea when it'll get back on the road, Insurance is becoming an issue and nobody locally will MOT it because the V5 says it's a 2.4 and the Kerb weights are wrong. So, some admin work to do too.

WTF??? A vehicle is tested for what it is not what a piece of paper says it is!

Comment

Is that due to the bonnet vents?
                          Yep, I've covered them, but some water still gets in. I'll seal them up completely at the weekend.

WTF??? A vehicle is tested for what it is not what a piece of paper says it is!
                          The truck doesn't show up on the (private) VoSA database, so it starts alarm bells ringing. They say the new rules say that if it's not on the database, they can't do it. It's in at another place tonight, will see how it goes.

The database error is causing issues with some of the insurance companies; one has even suggested that it's 'probably been cloned'.

Comment

I didn't have a problem when I MOT'd it.
                            Registration and chassis numbers is all my tester needed.
                            Even when pulled over by Sussex traffic cops on the way to Graham's the day after (it flagged up on their VNPR as having no MOT) I just showed them the certificate and no other questions asked, so I guess it does exist on VOSA's data base.

Can't help but wonder if the trouble you're having is to do with this...
                            http://www.the-ace.org.uk/armageddon/

Comment

Can't help but wonder if the trouble you're having is to do with this...
                              http://www.the-ace.org.uk/armageddon/
                              KS said the new rules that came out this year state that if it's not on the computer it can't be tested.

Comment

KS said the new rules that came out this year state that if it's not on the computer it can't be tested.

KS?

In that case, how come Lexurf II has just got a new MOT? It's chassis number doesn't match the number on the VIN plate.
                                I found that out when I took it for it's MOT two years ago. I got the MOT using the chassis number behind the driver's side front wheel.

Comment

Working...
                                X