yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • flounderbout
    replied
    Thank ee kindly!

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Just elbow grease and Autosol mainly. Sometimes a light rub with some fine steel wool or those green pan sourers as well.
    Re: the black bits, I just scrub them with hot soapy water and use silicone spray, tyre dressing gel or the Back-to-black stuff.
    I've used black shoe polish in the past to bring back the black, just apply as you would to your shoes.
    Works with tyres too. (once they've been washed)
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • slobodan
    replied
    Solvol Autosol used to be the kiddie, don't know know though.

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Thought I'd take advantage of the warm dry day today and sort out the front bumper, valance and end caps. Gave it a good scrubbing and ended up with this....
    Dismantled it and rub it down with wet-or-dry paper, a hose off a coat of black enamel (it's more flexible) another rub down to smooth over when dry, and a shiny top coat.
    Vince - what is your secret with the chrome? Just elbow grease? Or is there some secret Vince method (I assume the wet n dry etc was just for the painted section)? I have been admiring this so much that I have been inspired to set about my bullbar this weekend and give it a proper sparkle... ..

    Also what top coat do you use on the paint (the bull bar has some black bits and I have some black enamel paint )?

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
    I'd say some of your customer will be back for seconds
    Given that my bonnet already says supercharged on it, it would just be rude not to!

    Leave a comment:


  • GBV8
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    It's for those reasons that I'm going for a M90 supercharger.
    That sounds like a good plan

    You get it up and running and I'd say some of your customer will be back for seconds

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    They sound nice, and add around 30bhp to a stock 1uz-fe, but in a Surf the passenger side battery will need to go somewhere else, plus you'll have to find room for the intercooler which would need to be at least half the size of the main radiator and about 3" thick. Then there's the pipework for it.
    I suppose it can be done, but I wouldn't want to off-road it, too much stuff that can get knocked off or damaged.
    It's for those reasons that I'm going for a M90 supercharger.

    Leave a comment:


  • puddlesurfer
    replied
    Originally posted by gary-r View Post
    you might need to take up bank robbing on the weekends to pay for the go-go juice
    And you could use the Lexurf as a get away car, on or off road not mch would be able to catch you.

    Leave a comment:


  • gary-r
    replied
    Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    Would there be room to fit it, it looks a bit big.
    who cares - think of all the horses

    a hole in the bonnet with the belt peeking out and a perspex cover for the uk weather - mad max here we come

    you might need to take up bank robbing on the weekends to pay for the go-go juice

    Leave a comment:


  • Albannach
    replied
    Would there be room to fit it, it looks a bit big.

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by truckarms View Post
    great looking job, one day soon I will have to pm you bushwacker once I decide what I really want!!!
    what about adding one of these:

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-LS400-1U...item4aab2aa3a8

    Leave a comment:


  • truckarms
    replied
    great looking job, one day soon I will have to pm you bushwacker once I decide what I really want!!!
    what about adding one of these:

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-LS400-1U...item4aab2aa3a8

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
    I've not commented on this thread so far, don't need to really, but fair to say Henry is getting a cracking job done for him, nice one Vince, love the good work, keep it up mate.

    Thanks Alan, I think I'm getting the hang of all this modifying malarky now!

    Leave a comment:


  • KERRSURF
    replied
    I've not commented on this thread so far, don't need to really, but fair to say Henry is getting a cracking job done for him, nice one Vince, love the good work, keep it up mate.

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Oh my Lord that is gleaming! Absolutely brilliant...

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X