Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexurf VI.

Not much to report other than I've carried out a diagnostics on the engine and apart from it being mingin', it's still using the original plugs and leads, so it's safe to assume the original timing belt too!
    Oh and it's a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) LS400, which basically means it's got everything on the factory options list fitted.
    It's a Celsior officially, but badged as a LS400, hence the Toyota badge on the engine instead of Lexus..

Scanner picked up a knackered O2 sensor and it failed the emmisions test!
    Wanted to pull the engine out today but we've had visitors here most of the day.

Oooooo.. Pull the engine & sell me some mounts, that'd be just the ticket

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
      Oooooo.. Pull the engine & sell me some mounts, that'd be just the ticket
      You can have them for the cost of postage mate.
      What part of them did you need again?

Comment

Sweet, that's exciting

It seems they're in 3 bits, a black steel piece, the mount and a silver pressed steel bit. If they come out ok, I'll have all the bits..however I only 'really' need the rubber and black steel piece.

Figured out why they split too..the top of the mount oxidizes in the alloy engine bracket & instead of just lifting off, it just pulls the rubber mount in 2. The intact one I have has been traumatised, but wasn't seized in like the N/S

Just finished off my mounting brackets today, didn't get them tacked onto the frame tho

Comment

Interesting
          Which beggars the question,
          Can this be considered a Lexsurf as it's a Toyota plant into a Toyota ?
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

It can be considered a Lexurf but not a Lexsurf.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              It can be considered a Lexurf but not a Lexsurf.
              Celsurf ?
              Sursior ?
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Not much to report other than I've carried out a diagnostics on the engine and apart from it being mingin', it's still using the original plugs and leads, so it's safe to assume the original timing belt too!
                Oh and it's a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) LS400, which basically means it's got everything on the factory options list fitted.
                It's a Celsior officially, but badged as a LS400, hence the Toyota badge on the engine instead of Lexus..

Scanner picked up a knackered O2 sensor and it failed the emmisions test!
                Wanted to pull the engine out today but we've had visitors here most of the day.
                And it begins! Happy days! And I think you are probably allowed Sundays off Vince...

I reckon that as regards the Lexus/Celsior/Toyota lump it has a) been a minicab, and b) never seen the inside of a garage. So I reckon if there is any doubt at all it is worth replacing stuff. Better to spend a bit extra now for peace of mind - it is a long way to South Wales, and my capabilities with a spanner are pretty much limited to being a spanner....
                Just let me know how best to do it - I can either transfer funds to you and you can order them direct, or if you let me know exactly what I need I can order it (although our track record in that department has been prettty average - my fault I'm sure!!!).

Very excited that we are underway - let the Professor magic commence!!!

Comment

PS I seem to remember when I ran the diagnostics that I got codes for both oxygen sensors R and L...
                  Did you enjoy the state of the metal on metal rear brakes!

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                    my capabilities with a spanner are pretty much limited to being a spanner....
                    Must be a Surrey thing...

Comment

Now calm down dear, don't forget...newspaper in the corner, for weeing on.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        Now calm down dear, don't forget...newspaper in the corner, for weeing on.
                        I don't think it was wee...

Comment

Ok...rubber suit for henry!!
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                            PS I seem to remember when I ran the diagnostics that I got codes for both oxygen sensors R and L...
                            Did you enjoy the state of the metal on metal rear brakes!

Yeah, both sensors will need replacing.
                            It's the trail of brake fluid it left on my mate's drive that was more worrying!

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                              Must be a Surrey thing...

My butler's very good with that sort of thing...

Comment

Working...
                              X