No announcement yet.

HOT!!! I'm thinking airlock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different from a standard Hilux pickup one then? I've never looked it up, just always assumed...

Comment

They'll be different. No doubt.

I've never actually seen one without the ATF cooling part at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
        How did you delete the ATF connections? Utterly pointless for manual owners
        Manual?
        How quaint.

Fair point though.

Hopefully the company will stump up the replacement so you don't have to go down the repair route.

A leaky top tank 3.0 rad is on my list of things to acquire..........
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

If they don't replace I'll kick up a storm as the guy promised me they would when I bought it.

Plus manuals FTW

Comment

Could have saved all that worry if you had bought, or made a radiator pressure tester

Hope a free replacement rad is on it's way

Comment

Nah, I had to investigate first. Before spending. Now I know and it's cost nothing to find out.

Good job I did as most would have had me taking it to a garage to get the head done

Still, don't want to tempt fate. So touch wood it's a cause and not a symptom

Comment

You can make a pressure tester with a......

bicycle pump

Comment

Well now I know Thank you, sir

Comment

I remember wishing I had a split in a hose or radiator but it was the head.. sigh

Comment

Decided to fix the radiator in situ. Couldn't do a perfectly beautiful job like I could if the radiator was out of the car...but it's decent. Probably better than most.

The solder took well and has sealed the split.

The only one time she overheated was when I didn't notice the expansion tank wasn't letting coolant back into the system (so she was dry (unusual for me ) and hopefully no damage happened). Since then I've been transferring over and over and lost no coolant and had no overheating.

Since the fix everything has worked perfectly Expanded coolant now goes back into the system!

Still no reply from the seller of the radiator, last year, but I'll definitely be getting a new one. Not an ebay one, or Rough Trax's budget one (they're the same and don't last). I'll get one of Rough Trax's premium ones or that alu one from Australia. It's smart looking and looks really well built.

But for now...I'll keep an eye on things and fingers crossed the radiator behaves until I replace (next month when the house sells).

Thanks for all your help, guys

Comment

Working...
                      X