• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You starting it tommorow brian ?
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      Fix it once fix it right. We are not doing this two weekends in a row.
      Get a checked head fa Rich and lets "get her done"
      i'll get the head in this week and tested and let you know asap guys
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Oh Alan - feel for you there. Same as min. Went on like that for months - then finally gave up the ghost so I had it fixed - an then it went again but thats another story.

Good luck fixing it

Oh an I chucked a fancy fix all thing in mine in August before going to go to Santa pod. An it did prolong the inevitable for 4 months.
        Last edited by Bibs; 15 January 2010, 22:31.
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
          Oh Alan - feel for you there. Same as min. Went on like that for months - then finally gave up the ghost so I had it fixed - an then it went again but thats another story.

Good luck fixing it

Oh an I chucked a fancy fix all thing in mine in August before going to go to Santa pod. An it did prolong the inevitable for 4 months.
          why did it go the second time Viv?
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            why did it go the second time Viv?
            Because the lovely people at the garage never got the replacemet head skimmed an used old bolts. Didnt even have it 48 hours an poof gone again. So not impressed as you can imagine.

Comment

I take it you got yer money back then? ########S!!!!
              Alan

Comment

I take it you were fitting a used replacement then?
                Alan

Comment

Got a head that had been fitted brand new on a truck only to find it was the bottom end, took straight off, they assumed as it was almost unused it would be fine??? big mistake. Took it back an they got it pressure tested an skimmed an put it back together at their cost. Still have issues though.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    The engine seizure was most definitely caused by using steal seal.
                    What has so far failed to be mentioned, is that the fellow in question added it to his engine, not via the cooling system, but straight into the engine, presuming it to be an oil additive. He (rather unsurprisingly) did the bottom end in. It was a classic case of failing to read the instructions.... As it did exactly what it said on the tin.
                    Anyone reading Richards post would have been led to believe that using this stuff would lead to an engine seizure, theres drama for you.!!

Bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

Just to clear things up, I most definatly added the steel seal to the coolant and not the oil ok. At the end of the day, I do know that the heads got to come off for whatever needs repairing, but all the time the stuff working and keeping me on the road, I can now chose the time to have it done. Best of both worlds really. Done nearly a thousand miles with it in now and still running sweet!!

Comment

Originally posted by busaboy View Post
                        Hello
                        What happen to you, happened to me last week.
                        I bought some stuff called Steel Seal, banged it in the rad like they tell you to, and all the grief has gone. It mixes with antifreeze no prob, but it a`int cheap at £60 a go. Ok, some will say its only a temp repair, but it got me out of the brown stuff, and the trucks back on the road running sweet as you like. Cheers
                        Its £28 a bottle on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STEEL-SEAL-STE...item1c0f65b222. The cost price to re-sellers is £17.50 a bottle, don't ask me how I know . Whoever you paid £60 to must be splitting his sides with laughter or lighting cigars with £20 notes.

Fair play if its keeping you running though.
                        Last edited by Surfer Ross; 17 January 2010, 01:29.
                        En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                          Its £28 a bottle on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STEEL-SEAL-STE...item1c0f65b222. The cost price to re-sellers is £17.50 a bottle, don't ask me how I know . Whoever you paid £60 to must be splitting his sides with laughter or lighting cigars with £20 notes.

Fair play if its keeping you running though.
                          60 quid would be 2 bottles then, and if I read the blurb correctly you would probably need 2 bottles for a Surf, so I dont think theres any outrageous profiteering going on here.

Bogus
                          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                            Anyone reading Richards post would have been led to believe that using this stuff would lead to an engine seizure, theres drama for you.!!

Bogus
                            I never realised it was meant to go into to cooling system as i've never heard of the stuff till matey buggared his engine before.I do apologise if what i put was mis-leading and i will now go and get myself whipped as a punishment..

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                              .I do apologise if what i put was mis-leading and i will now go and get myself whipped as a punishment..
                              Richard, so thats your little secret, a bit of flagellation. If thats the case, then by all means, go ahead. No need to use my post as an excuse. Do whatever makes you happy, as long as its with another consenting adult its fine. No need to justify anything to us on here,

Bogus
                              Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                                Richard, so thats your little secret, a bit of flagellation. If thats the case, then by all means, go ahead. No need to use my post as an excuse. Do whatever makes you happy, as long as its with another consenting adult its fine. No need to justify anything to us on here,

Bogus
                                I will go whisper sweat nothings to the wife and see if she will oblige later

Comment

Working...
                                X