AAARGHH! Blown head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    What happen to you, happened to me last week.
    I bought some stuff called Steel Seal, banged it in the rad like they tell you to, and all the grief has gone. It mixes with antifreeze no prob, but it a`int cheap at £60 a go. Ok, some will say its only a temp repair, but it got me out of the brown stuff, and the trucks back on the road running sweet as you like. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by busaboy View Post
      Hello
      I bought some stuff called Steel Seal, banged it in the rad like they tell you to, and all the grief has gone. It mixes with antifreeze no prob, but it a`int cheap at £60 a go. Ok, some will say its only a temp repair, but it got me out of the brown stuff, and the trucks back on the road running sweet as you like. Cheers
      Oh dear.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hello
        out of the brown stuff,into the dark brown sea without a paddle

Comment

I'll be stripping and inspecting it soon, start of next week.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Ok
            A lot of raised eyebrows going on here. Come on then, let me know what I have done wrong then.

Comment

The stuff you used will not just seal the cracks you had in head, it will over time seal other places it's not meant to, leading to more problems.

None of this type of stuff will ever replace a proper repair mate.
              Alan

Comment

As the others have said it's a big NO to that stuff.
                Someone a few months ago put that stuff into the truck and seized the engine completely so just be aware of what might happen.
                I will be in Eastleigh tomorrow aswell as i am collecting a truck from S/hampton and going up to eastleigh to Sledge/Wolf as we're going to change the water pump before i head home again
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

"bugger"

Comment

Steel Seal™ is a unique blend of several chemicals. Steel Seal™ is a clear formula that contains no fibrous materials or particles that could clog engine coolant passages. We don’t rely on floating particles to do our job. Steel Seal™ relies on science and chemistry for its strength.
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Sounds like an advert there Blackpoolsparks.What are you telling me please?

Comment

Sounds like an advert there Blackpoolsparks.What are you telling me please?
                        That you are in the soft and smelly stuff
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

To be fair, he did say it was temporary. Im no great beleiver in these products myself and would neither use it nor recommend it but its not so long ago that nobody believed the world was a sphere. If its only till he has time/cash to do the head and its currently working, maybe its OK. Like others I would suspect, that if it can seal a head crack it might seal other narrow water passages, but that would be suspicion based thinking rather than evidence based. Maybe using this stuff as a temp measure is not the big drama that we seem to be making it out to be and maybe the engine seizure mentioned was not actually caused by this stuff

Bogus
                          Сви можемо

Comment

The engine seizure was most definitely caused by using steal seal.
                            What has so far failed to be mentioned, is that the fellow in question added it to his engine, not via the cooling system, but straight into the engine, presuming it to be an oil additive. He (rather unsurprisingly) did the bottom end in. It was a classic case of failing to read the instructions.... As it did exactly what it said on the tin.
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

oops, expensive mistake.

Shoulda went to spec savers.
                              Alan

Comment

Fix it once fix it right. We are not doing this two weekends in a row.
                                Get a checked head fa Rich and lets "get her done"
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X