No announcement yet.

Poor MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search for threads on replace cylinder head by me, Nifty Nev posted a diagram on one, or search Nev's posts, its not great but does the job, if not come back tomorrow and I'll photo them. H

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
      Search for threads on replace cylinder head by me, Nifty Nev posted a diagram on one, or search Nev's posts, its not great but does the job, if not come back tomorrow and I'll photo them. H
      Hazzo, totally off topic and I apologise to the mods but I can't PM you. Are you still selling your truck or are you keeping it now that the head and MPG woes are sorted?
      En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

I'm actually trying to sell my caravan at the moment, if that goes then I'll probably sell the truck as the missus is having big probs getting in it, but till the van goes it has to stay put. There were five calls for it and all supposed to view today, no-one turned up, then the radio news told me the motorway was blocked between leeming and catterick till tomorrow, so I'm sitting at catterick waiting for people who obviously weren't intending on a multi mile detour, I came home and await more calls. H

PS. I think you can only message the full members, I don't paypal or use cards so I'm not joined.

Comment

I don't like fords, sorry H

Comment

Just to finish off the thread, I've been running the new head for a couple of weeks now. The engine certainly runs quieter now and seems to have a little more mid range power, but nothing remarkable. Considering the size of the cracks in the old head I m surprised there isnt a bigger difference.

Temp gauge still runs just below half way like it did before.

Dont know about MPG yet, but I've just gone past the 420 k mark on this tank of fuel which is where the fuel light used to come on. It looks like I have about 1/8th tank still to go.

Comment

hi guys interesting thread...! didnt realize the surf had different sized fuel tanks.
              been running my 1994 3 litre of my own biodiesel for a month or so now and am well happy. i always thought my tank was 75litres but looks like i might need to check that out now....!
              cant complain though as my fuel only cost me a total of about 30p a litre so am not too worried how poor my mpg is

Comment

Originally posted by jgs600 View Post
                hi guys interesting thread...! didnt realize the surf had different sized fuel tanks.
                been running my 1994 3 litre of my own biodiesel for a month or so now and am well happy. i always thought my tank was 75litres but looks like i might need to check that out now....!
                cant complain though as my fuel only cost me a total of about 30p a litre so am not too worried how poor my mpg is
                @jgs600
                could you email me on tonys.mail@homecall.co.uk as i could do with advice on how to make bio and its easier to for me with an in depth idiots guide on how to do it as i don't have much in the line of a chemistry understanding and i would like to speak with people who have done it and are happy with the results with no detrimental problems with running on it i am going to try to compile all peoples ideas and ways to make it and use whichever method is easier for me and my understanding i will only be trying on a small scale at the moment until i gain more confidence in the process i would be looking at producing about 30>40ltrs weekly if i can get this amount regularly
                i am also looking into running wvo without making bio but using 30% dino mix to try and keep the fuel from gelling in winter i have a fuel heater i have yet to fit which is spliced into the heater matrix feed from the head (roughly where you split the pipe to put a bleedvalve in)
                i'm also interested in anyone else's input on this matter as the more info i can muster the better
                my apologies for hijacking the thread with this
                I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

hi best place on this planet to get any info on wvo or biodiesel is here at

www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk

when i first decided to go down the bio route its this site that gave me the insight and knowledge to decide on the bio route, its my bible now and check in at least once a day...

Comment

just filled up for first time since doing head and it shows I'm getting 24 MPG now instead of 19!

Just replaced the middle exhaust box as well the old one was in a terrible state. I reckon the MPG might go up a bit more yet due to badly blocked mid box.

Happy days!!

Comment

Working...
                    X