No announcement yet.

Help... Dead engine 3ltr KZ130 1995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John the pump will be with you tomorrow with FEDEX.The turbo pressure sensor is taped to the box as i forgot to put it inside.Its in a padded envelope.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Its Working... Yippeeee!!!

Hi Guy's
      Thanks to help from Stormforce my motor is working again ( at least for now)
      It had a faulty ECU and also a faulty injector pump, presumably caused when the ECU decided to mimic a rocket engine.

Anyways thanks to Stormforce's help in telling me how to remove the pump and later supplying a working injector pump all is well.

Thanks....

Comment

Glad the truck is back up and running again John and hope it carries on for you.

Comment

Glad to hear it! Sheesh, that took a while. Have you had a look inside the ECU to see if there's anything visibly wrong? I know one guy living in Dar es Salaam posted here that he managed to repair some obviously faulty capacitors to get his ECU back to life...
          Andy
          http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Hi Mate.
            As an electronics engineer that was the second thing I did, but apart from being suspicious about the driver transistor for the spill solenoid I could find nothing.
            It looked and the signals on the cables (also the diagnostic readout) indicated, all was well.
            Indeed after washing the pump out it did start and ran for a mile or two despite the overdrive light flashing all the time but it was way down on power. Eventually it stopped and stayed stopped.
            I never really worked out why the thing took off like a rocket and failed to stop on the key unless the spill solenoid and the spill control valve both jammed open but now they appear to stay jammed shut. A bit of a contradiction
            Were it not for the overdrive light I might have tried the old ECU back in but as it is I dont dare put the original ECU back on incase this pump gets knackered also.

Took it for about 6 mile run today and on the way home went on a duel carriagway and thrashed it, well got up to 80, but more to the point it kept going

I ended up buying two repl ECU's both of which work fine so I shall keep the other as a spare for a month or two then sell it on. The old one I may attack sometime when I have nothing to do but then again I may not.

Anyway thanks to all whole helped me.
            John

Comment

Thats what were here for John

Comment

Pump again. Same fault???

Hi Guy's.
                Its been six months or so and the 3ltr turbo beast has been working well until friday.
                I did an 80 mile round trip with frequent stops all without any problems.
                Did a bit of local running and stopped the beast to let my grandaughter into her house (less than a min) went to start the beast, it fired and died straight away.

Nothing from the injector pipes, called the AA and got a recovery home.

Well I removed the little thimble filter from behind the fuel temp sensor (it was coated like a piece of carpet) and replaced it with a clean one.... still nothing.

Removed the pump and opened it up and flushed out with white spirit, a lot of crap came out but could not see any problem, refitted today (in the snow) still nothing, not a dribble out the injector. Flashed the spill valve solenoid and it sounds like it is operating.

I am a little concerned that this is the second pump to show this problem, I stripped my old one down when I got this replacment one from Stormforce but did not find anything.

Does anyone know the common causes of failures for this pump or have any links to diagrams of the internals please.???
                Or give me some clues as to what to do next???.. Firebomb is out of the question, its parked under the carport with only three wheels on...

Unless I can find out how to fix this pump I shall be looking for yet another one I guess..... Anyone know of any forsale
                Regards John
                Last edited by johnsiddle; 1 February 2010, 21:06.

Comment

John i had this same problem some years ago on a 3L gen2 after weeks of pulling my hair out, found solenoid was nackered plus relay by your feet was tapping replaced new still nothing. Ended up taking it to a sparky and found the board by your feet was not making a conection on the solenoid he ended up bridging it that sorted it. Bet ya papt yaself when it went hypo sounds like she ready to take off dune it

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Mate.
                    I will check the board, maybe it got kicked.

I am trying to sort out a spanner to get the solenoid off and you are right it was pretty scary being in reverse, backend almost touching the hedge to someones garden and not being able to stop it.

That fault got cured with a new pump and an ecu.
                    But now I am back to the point where there is no fuel to the injectors which was the last fault I had and cured it with a pump.

Regards John

Comment

Sorted

Chicken skin blocked the the pump.
                      It also took two charges of my pair of batteries to get the fuel up to the injectors.
                      John

Comment

Working...
                      X