No announcement yet.

Help... Dead engine 3ltr KZ130 1995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whatever you do do not connect 12 volts to any sensor or solenoid on the pump,you will blow it,because the ecu runs on a 6 volt system.so by putting 12 volts across the solenoid you have propably blown it.oh and just a though but considering your filters were gunged up did it ever occur to you that the injection pump govenor might of been gunged up and inoperatable thus giving the high revs.
    Last edited by surfenstein; 26 May 2009, 20:55.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hi Mate
      Thanks for your reply.
      The ECU actuates the Spill Valve by putting a ground on it which is what I did. So it has not blown ( I am a computer engineer so well familiar with electronics).

Incidentially the wiring connections to the ECU as shown in the URL I posted shows that the other side of the Spill Valve is connected to 12v so it is driven by 12v not 6v but I agree that the sensors may well have 6v across them.
      However I have tested all sensors and solenoids and they are all reading correctly.

I have not thought about the govenor, is it inside the injector pump?
      Do you think this could stop it from starting now?
      john

Comment

its a possibility.or it could be the ecu.the simple fact that the engine check light is on points me in the direction of the ecu,just have a really good look around the engine bay and make sure all the vac hoses are on and none are split.then see if you can get hold of an ecu and try it.oh and the spill control valve is not operated by 12 volts,it only needs between 4 and 6 volts.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

OK
          Thanks
          John

Comment

Engine Check light

Incidentally the engine check light, according to various bloggs is supposed to be on until the engine starts up... mine never starts up... it then is supposed to go out.

The fast flashing when the diagnostic link is inserted is supposed to indicate normal operation, also according to various bloggs.
            But I can not prove either way.
            John

Comment

Kzn130 Ecu

Does anyone know if the ecu on a Manual 3ltr kzn130 is the same as on the Automatic version.

There is one on ebay for a Manual 3ltr Surf, it looks like the same part number but the picture is small and not readable on my PC, the seller is not answering my requests to clarify the number.
              Hence this request.
              John

Comment

Originally posted by johnsiddle View Post
                Does anyone know if the ecu on a Manual 3ltr kzn130 is the same as on the Automatic version.

There is one on ebay for a Manual 3ltr Surf, it looks like the same part number but the picture is small and not readable on my PC, the seller is not answering my requests to clarify the number.
                Hence this request.
                John
                Auto and manual ECUs are different.

Comment

Thanks Mate.

Comment

injector pump removal

Got 2 replacement ECU's put first one on and the engine started up ran for a couple of miles and then the engine just faded away. AA came out and found nothing at the injectors.

Tried to get the injector pump off today but despite removing the belt, pulley, two nuts from the body of the pump and all the injector pipes the pump is solid. it wont even rotate (timing).

I ended up just removing the top and the filter at the temp sensor drained all fuel out and gave a good wash with white spirit. I filled the pump with a mixture of white spirit and dino and cranked but not even a drip out of the injector.

I assume the injector pump is duff. Can anyone tell me how to remove the pump on a KZN130 please.....

Comment

There are the 2 bolts to take off for the timing of the pump and the 3 or 4 bolts that hold the pump/bracket to the block.Once everything is off you will need to hit the shaft of the pump hard in order to push the pump backwards then just lift it out.It may be easier with the rad out as it will give a bit more room to hit the pump shaft.They sometimes come off easy and other times can be tight as hell to get off
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks

Whereabouts is this bracket that holds the pump to the block?
                        I had a suspision that something was holding it near the injector pipes but could'nt see where.
                        Are they getatable by leaning over the wing, I had a look from underneath but could'nt see anything.

Do you agree that it sounds like a faulty pump given the problems that started this off. (my original ECU did start the engine yesterday but killed it almost straight away, I could hear a relay dropping out down near my feet).

Comment

the bracket is between the pump and the block near the back end of the pump.You can get to it either over the wing or through the arch.Its not noticeable until you actually look for it.I'll try to get a pic from the one in the breaker for you tomorrow if that will help.There is also a small filter on the back of the 3.0l fuel pump aswell which may well be clogged.When you tried to start ithave you undone each injector in turn and cranked the engine over till fuel comes out of each one.Also on the top of the pump is a 17mm bolt that can be undone a bit to make sure fuel is actually coming to the pump ok.Again i'll get some pics tomorrow of this for you if it will help.
                          It does sound a bit if there is a fuel problem there somewhere

Comment

Thanks Stormforce, pics would be a great help.
                            I am getting pixxed off with this engine., its been down a couple of weeks now and there does'nt seem any end to it.

Yes I eventually found that filter behind the fuel temp sensor.
                            That was where I flushed the pump through, I think the spill valve is just inside that hole, I am thinking the spill valve is jammed or at least stuck.

I only cranked it with No1 injector pipe off and there was'nt even a drip onto a tissue I placed under it. I doubt there was anything at the other injectors either.

Comment

I got to get the pump off this breaker before it goes to the scrappies so i'll get some pics of the removal aswell.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X