X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spill valve?!

Comment

Now that is a very good question !!!

I bought a second hand pump and was going to remove the spill valve and try it on the original pump, but during the days waiting for the new pump to arrive I went out to have a look at removing the old pump from the engine only to find a deposit of metal fillings had settled in the recess for the spill valve !!!

To which I had made my mind up at that point there was more to this problem than meets the eye, I then removed the pump and the new pump arrived so I fitted that this morning, being very optimistic on whether a new pump would do the trick I left two injector pipes loose to check that fuel was going to be delivered to the injectors only to find that on the first turn of the ignition it immediately tried to fire, so I stopped at that point and secured the two pipes and tried again and it started and that was without going through the glowplug sequence.

I was amazed it started that well, and runs and performs great, so problem solved, but I will be taking the old pump apart to find out just what has gone wrong and obviously submit my findings on here for all to read.

Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions

Cheers

Paul
      Last edited by AVONANIMAL; 12 November 2015, 23:22.

Comment

So, what was it?

Comment

Doh!

Ignore that last post, wasn't paying attention!

Comment

Working...
          X