No announcement yet.

Surf 2.4 ln130 will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tried to start with carb cleaner did it run at all?

Get a spanner on the bottom pulley nut and see if it is hard to turn over by hand?

With the injector lines cracked off at the injector let it turn over quite a bit on the starter does any fuel come out?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

It ran only like it would using easy start on most diesel engines, but yes carb cleaner is the best on these surfs LOL

As for turning the engine with a spanner, I would think that all is ok as the sound of turning the starter has not changed at all, and I have spun the engine over and over until the batteries start to faulter, but still no diesel, not even damp from the injector pipes

How much is petrol these days and will 5 litres be enough LOL

cheers

Paul
      Last edited by AVONANIMAL; 29 September 2015, 07:40.

Comment

My money is on the ecu or spill valve

If you look at the ecu's circuit board, there is a resister r558 which is somehing to do with the spill valve. I know this because my friends spill valve failed in the closed position red lining his engine.

When you turn the key to shut the engine off the spill vlve will open. It sounds like its stuck open either because the ecu isnt sending a signal or because its failed

Comment

Hi Jameswallace

Thanks for your input, I am thinking along these lines myself, in my collection I have 4 ECU's but none of them will start the car, the last ECU I got I was assured it came from a running car, and the ECU appears to be doing what it should, so its now pointing towards the spill valve ?

Can these valves be removed while the pump is still in position, and more importantly where can I get a replacement spill valve from ? been looking on ebay but havn't found one yet

all suggestions welcome

many thanks

Paul

Comment

They can indeed. Its tight but you can remove it in situ. Dont loose the filter underneath it.

You can get a brand new denso spill valve for about £80. I will get the part number for you later

Comment

Hi again

that's good news then that they will come out in situ, just need to find a 32mm spanner that can be adapted for this operation LOL

and they are about £80 that's not bad I was thinking £200 plus, that would be great if you can find the part number, is that from Toyota or Roughtrax ?

Just tried Roughtrax and they havnt even heard of a spill vlave LOL

many thanks

Paul
              Last edited by AVONANIMAL; 29 September 2015, 16:46.

Comment

No its from a denso diesel agent

You wont get a spanner on it. Youll have to cringe and use mole grips.

Part numbers tomorrow now sorry !

Comment

I believe the part numbers are -
                  Denso 096600-0033
                  Toyota 23032-54020

Wait for confirmation though.

Nev.

Comment

Hi Nev

Many thanks for the part numbers, could you confirm once your sure they are correct, then I can get on and source one from somewhere (hopefully)

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Try here -

http://www.dieselpartsdirect.co.uk/s...-valve-spv.htm

They should know the correct one for the 2.4 hopefully.

Nev.

Comment

Hi Nev

Thanks very much for the info on the spill valve, I have however made contact with them and they want to know pump numbers, I did suggest that it was probably a generic part for that model and year of car but they want pump numbers to reference it to the pump, they weren't interested in registration and chassis numbers ?

I am willing to take the chance on the info supplied by yourself but is that the correct part numbers for my vehicle ? sorry to be a pain !

many thanks

Paul

Comment

Post your Model and Frame numbers here. I will look up the EPC and get your vehicle details and the part number for the pump. They may want the Denso number though, so you might have to get a little mirror and torch, so you can get the number off your pump. The Toyota part numbers for the 2.4 pump vary according to manufacture date, but actually only one is relevant now. That part number is 22100-5B303

Nev.

Comment

This is from my 1kzte

Comment

It seems that the LN130, KZN130 and KZN185 all share the same Spill Control Valve so part numbers quoted before should be correct.

Nev.

Comment

Hi Nev

Haven't had chance to have look at car the last couple of days ! Been working 12 hours a day and going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark but will endeavour to look over the weekend for numbers

Thanks again for your help

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X