X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glow plugs hot wired

Originally posted by meooo View Post
    Did you even bother to read this????
    hi Nev just to let know glow plugs directed feed from battery on fuse through relay thats not where 2 wires belong not reason why car not starting ? i took the starter motor for overhaul do heavey load cranking thats only thing i took off except EGR VALVE

Comment

Location govan

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      Where in Glasgow are you?
      hi yoshi frank here location in garage 174 Fairley street AMG tyres just af broomie road right behind Ibrox stadium
      Last edited by frankx; 7 November 2011, 12:41.

Comment

Originally posted by frankx View Post
        hi Nev just to let know glow plugs directed feed from battery on fuse through relay thats not where 2 wires belong not reason why car not starting ? i took the starter motor for overhaul do heavey load cranking thats only thing i took off except EGR VALVE
        Hopefully Yoshie will be able to come and help you but, in the meantime, if the glowplugs are wired directly in to the battery, would it not make sense that those wires are the ones that go on to the resistor.

In any case, you say you're getting fuel at the injectors. You also say that you're getting lots of black smoke, which suggests ignition, but you're saying that it doesn't fire. Regardless of that, black smoke suggests over-fuelling or (more likely in this case) a lack of air, which is why I asked what exactly you'd removed when disconnecting the EGR. As you don't have pictures of what was removed, do you have pictures of what's left?

Comment

removed

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
          Hopefully Yoshie will be able to come and help you but, in the meantime, if the glowplugs are wired directly in to the battery, would it not make sense that those wires are the ones that go on to the resistor.

In any case, you say you're getting fuel at the injectors. You also say that you're getting lots of black smoke, which suggests ignition, but you're saying that it doesn't fire. Regardless of that, black smoke suggests over-fuelling or (more likely in this case) a lack of air, which is why I asked what exactly you'd removed when disconnecting the EGR. As you don't have pictures of what was removed, do you have pictures of what's left?
          EGR EXHAUST MANI egr valve return pipe to venturi before that fitted used turbo which got good bearing no play in it hook up that when wouldent start so starter jammed i had take it out for rebuild been 3 wks now my head right up my arss i pretty sure i discovered those 2 wires before took starter off? tryed them on manifold thinking at first earth came af egr to mani nothing then tryed body earth still no check them registering 6.8 volts with ignition on that why pointed out colour of them light brown green stripe every inch or ringtype 12 mil hole bolts on something ? 6.8 volt am heading down to garage right now take some pic get some anti freeze it . just water in noo
          Last edited by frankx; 7 November 2011, 13:24.

Comment

hi Nev just to let know glow plugs directed feed from battery on fuse through relay thats not where 2 wires belong not reason why car not starting ?
            If the factory glow system has been bypassed and now wired direct to the battery, then the glow plugs are probably fried. The glow plugs should never get more than about 10.5 volts. Battery voltage can be much higher than this.

Nev

Comment

update

EGR EXHAUST MANI egr valve return pipe to venturi before that fitted used turbo which got good bearing no play in it hook up that when wouldent start so starter jammed i had take it out for rebuild been 3 wks now my head right up my arss i pretty sure i discovered those 2 wires before took starter off? tryed them on manifold thinking at first earth came af egr to mani nothing then tryed body earth still no check them registering 6.8 volts with ignition on that why pointed out colour of them light brown green stripe every inch or ringtype 12 mil hole bolts on something ? 6.8 volt am heading down to garage right now take some pic get some anti freeze it . just water in noo
              hi sancho gonna try send these pic bare bones just had power cut lasted hour or so walking about candle light
              Attached Files

Comment

Earth wires.

Comment

[QUOTE=NiftyNev;743415]If the factory glow system has been bypassed and now wired direct to the battery, then the glow plugs are probably fried. The glow plugs should never get more than about 10.5 volts. Battery voltage can be much higher than this.

Nev[/QUOTEh i nev . 30 amp fuse 30 amp relay to button from ign. switch one first things i checked on the list glow plugs took them all out . regarding 2 wires. got me baffeld. i post few pics of layout egr removed 2 wires in photo location as where they go? still miserty

Comment

They're earth wires.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Thieryr'e irrth whires thems are those whire youneedtoboltthembackontochass isorblockthatsthecase
                      sorted thet four ewe boschwhicker
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

live wires

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        They're earth wires.
                        yo bro tested them with ignition on registerimg 6.8 volts doubt it? if theyre if read my threads already tryed them first on manifold and then body earth thats nackered started up cranking

Comment

Have you tried this?

Comment

The wires with the ring terminal shown in your photos are earth wires.
                            Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 8 November 2011, 16:34.

Comment

live wires

[Q yo bro tested them with ignition on registerimg 6.8 volts doubt it? if they're earth? if read my threads already tryed them first on manifold and then body earth thats what nackered starterfirst place so back to beating the drums or could waiting for right answer-------------------------are you hundred percent sure or just guessing?[/QUOTE

Comment

See here

Comment

Working...
                                X