Nice Electric Fan Infront of Rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    I have a working fan switch in an envelope ready to post out if you want it. £20 including postage.
    Wow!

You really are psychic.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Wow!

You really are psychic.
      Yep.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Have a think for a moment at what you just asked.
        well i get 100°F all the time, so for it to work at 100°C its not so good even though i have seen engine temp get near there on motorway, i am actually curious what the average engine temp cruising for you guys is???

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
          well i get 100°F all the time, so for it to work at 100°C its not so good even though i have seen engine temp get near there on motorway, i am actually curious what the average engine temp cruising for you guys is???
          That what i was trying to get , its only a aux fan for when the main rad is underpressure.

If you trucks cooling system is working fine then you won't hear it running.

The 2.4's run at about 80-90 normal driving, to 100-105 when under load (ie long hills on motorways, or when towing.

This is from aftermarket temp gauges I've fitted for the more paranoid members of the 2.4 club...

Vince was taking the ####, 105 deg F isn't very hot...
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            That what i was trying to get , its only a aux fan for when the main rad is underpressure.

If you trucks cooling system is working fine then you won't hear it running.

The 2.4's run at about 80-90 normal driving, to 100-105 when under load (ie long hills on motorways, or when towing.

This is from aftermarket temp gauges I've fitted for the more paranoid members of the 2.4 club...

Vince was taking the ####, 105 deg F isn't very hot...
            Yeah i guess my lack of typing made me look stoopid....

i have an Aux gauge, and its been up to 105'C and never heard aux fan.... would it be worth my while to put a bigger set of fans in??? wanna keep engine as cool as possible, i do a fair bit of motorway driving and if i go over 60MPH, then gauge goes up to 100'C..... takes forever to get it back down,

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
              Yeah i guess my lack of typing made me look stoopid....

i have an Aux gauge, and its been up to 105'C and never heard aux fan.... would it be worth my while to put a bigger set of fans in??? wanna keep engine as cool as possible, i do a fair bit of motorway driving and if i go over 60MPH, then gauge goes up to 100'C..... takes forever to get it back down,
              The best mod I done to keep under bonnet temps down (2.4) was to fit a pair of bonnet vents and remove the rubber 'skirts' from the inner wheel arches to let the hot air out.(The rubber flaps that close the gap between the inner wheel arch and the chassis.)

Comment

the aircon doesnt work on the one i use for work and I do alot of towing and moterway work with it so instead of regassing I have been thinking of taking the aircon off but leaving the rads on and taking a feed from below the thermostat through the airconrad then through the inlet manifold before it returns back to the engine near the bottom hose

Comment

The best mod I done to keep under bonnet temps down (2.4) was to fit a pair of bonnet vents and remove the rubber 'skirts' from the inner wheel arches to let the hot air out.(The rubber flaps that close the gap between the inner wheel arch and the chassis.)
                  gonna take out them so the flaps are gone already....

Comment

Working...
                  X