Cracked head, new head, but still won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
    How bad did yours over heat as it would have to be a bad overheat i should think to crack the block.
    I know the engine i got here the garage i got the truck from thought checked the head originally and it was ok but it was still losing coolant.By the time they found the problem the head cracked and the owner told the garage to sell the truck to cover the bill.From what i was told it wasn't a bad overheat but enough to crack the head
    The bottom end turns over ok by hand and i haven't noticed any slack in the pistons or anything.I will be happy if you want to cover the cost of the shipping and then if the engine is ok pay me after for the engine.I can't personally state the engine is 100% but the guy at the garage seemed genuine enough on what he told me
    Thanks mate. I am very interested now. We should agree a price before I take it though. Have you ever fitted a new fuel pump? Is it hard as I know some need programming etc, any tips would be muchly appreciated. Just need to sort some things out and I will be in touch.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by arron View Post
      i know you bought the head complete but did you check valve clearances?? sounds daft but on my first surf i swapped heads and wouldnt start tried everything you did and more then someone suggested valve gaps??? hope it helps it did to me all mine were tight once i resized shims and gaps were right fired first time ...
      I'm am fairly sure my mate did check that but I will ask him. Would be good if it was.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X