turbo peaks out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo peaks out

right while driving along my turbo is fine, cuts in when it should ect, ect but my prob is when my foot is hard to the floor it stops ease of the gas only a minewt bit and it cuts back in. but it only happens when pedal is pushed to the floor. the engine check light does not come on and there is no faults.
    also no split or leaking hose's

come on guru's

what can it be????????

Sounds like a throttle position sensor issue, maybe a pressure valve or ECT problem.

Not the turbo, if that suddely stopped at full throttle, you'd know from the bits of metal coming through your bonnet.

Outside chance it could be an hyperactive wastegate?

Comment

Have you done the washers trick on the wastegate, if so try taking one of them out as turbo can be overboosting which is not good for turbo or engine. Check also for play in the arm thingy.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

done the waste gate but i change the turbo over today for a dif one and it has made no dif. the other one did the same.

ect mod has been done and i know it's not the actual turbo, but something linked to it

Comment

Sounds like a throttle position sensor issue, maybe a pressure valve or ECT problem.

Not the turbo, if that suddely stopped at full throttle, you'd know from the bits of metal coming through your bonnet.

Outside chance it could be an hyperactive wastegate?

Sorry cataclysm couldn't resist.

Comment

can't be the wastegate as i've changed that over as well

come on any other ideas

Comment

is the throttle butterfly stopping at WOT wide open throttle if poorly adjusted it starts to close again goes past wide open if you catch my drift.

Chris

Comment

Does the light stay on permanent when boosting or intermittent, have you checked tp sensor, that's all i can think of right now and typing is a bit hard at the mo.

Comment

light is on up in till it dies a full throttle

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                    light is on up in till it dies a full throttle
                    There's an over-pressure sensor in the boost system if I remember correctly.

Does this only happen at high revs, or at any revs when the throttle's wide open?

Comment

Probably the boost pressure sensor on the inner wing, want me to send you my old one?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Probably the boost pressure sensor on the inner wing, want me to send you my old one?
                        if ya could. what do i owe ya for it?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                          if ya could. what do i owe ya for it?
                          Nuffink! Just PM your address and I'll send it tomorow.

Comment

Nuffink! Just PM your address and I'll send it tomorow.
                            nice one mate

Comment

Hey Vince ya don't have a picture of it do ya mate ?
                              Tia

There's alwyas a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X