No announcement yet.

F**king Surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put another turn on the rocker cover screw getting tighter now but still not stoped leak.
    but rocker cover not touching enginblock yet still see a bit of gasket but just how far can you go before the threads give way??
    Regards
    Kev.
    2.4 black beast

Comment

According to my manual, you're supposed to apply some sealant at the front of the rocker cover where it seals/touches the camshaft seal.
      Or to put it another way, where the rocker cover butts up against the timing belt cover, which would explain why you're getting a leak in that area.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

its leaking from the front left bolt
        what would you reccommend as sealant or should i just replace the whole thing again with a new one then seal it??
        Regards
        Kev.
        2.4 black beast

Comment

Use silicone gasket type sealant. Comes in small tubes from accessory shops.
          On my Mini, I used silicone door and window frame (House) sealant and that worked o.k.

Comment

Thanks vince but what would you do now if it was yours
            I.E re-lift and seal re-fit
            Or fit new and seal the whole $$$$$$ lot
            some pic's on way mate.
            Regards
            Kev.
            2.4 black beast

Comment

first shot with w810i mobile
              Attached Files
              Regards
              Kev.
              2.4 black beast

Comment

it has been wiped befor taking this but wish i hadn't wiped it so you could see
                Attached Files
                Regards
                Kev.
                2.4 black beast

Comment

Originally posted by falconer
                  Thanks vince but what would you do now if it was yours
                  I.E re-lift and seal re-fit
                  Or fit new and seal the whole $$$$$$ lot
                  some pic's on way mate.

Yep, I would take it all off, spotlessly clean and de-grease all the mating surfaces, fit the gasket to the cover, use some blobs of silicone to hold it in place, then apply rings of silicone around the studs then carefully lower the rocker cover into position then tighten nuts working around the cover in the same kind of tightening sequence as you would on the cylinder head, until you can see the silicone oozing out from around the studs. Leave it for a couple of hours for the silicone to 'go off' before starting engine.

Comment

Thanks vince
                    Will do
                    Regards
                    Kev.
                    2.4 black beast

Comment

Right back to turbo then if you can help with that
                      after a run there is oil running down these pipes that are at the back of the turbo i think joker said they are oil feed in and out pipes.

Also after feeling around this (don't know what its called there is loads of oil under it.

Clos up

Some ppictures of the underside but cleaned

Any ideas
                      Also i have noticed on this one there is a rubber pipe fitted on it and im sure oil is going in through it but not sure if it should be.

Thanks
                      kev.
                      Last edited by falconer; 18 June 2006, 20:27.
                      Regards
                      Kev.
                      2.4 black beast

Comment

Here is what it looks like to me
                        Oil going through pipe as i mentioned and spurting out from the hole underneigh all over the oil feed/return pipes but don't know why???
                        Regards
                        Kev.
                        2.4 black beast

Comment

Vince,
                          Can you help with this one mate please
                          Thanks
                          kev.
                          Regards
                          Kev.
                          2.4 black beast

Comment

Originally posted by falconer
                            Vince,
                            Can you help with this one mate please
                            Thanks
                            kev.

If there is exessive oil in the pipe as indicated in the pic, then it sounds like your turbo seals are on the way out.
                            Is there lkoads of smoke coming from the exhaust all the time?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              If there is exessive oil in the pipe as indicated in the pic, then it sounds like your turbo seals are on the way out.
                              Is there lkoads of smoke coming from the exhaust all the time?
                              Don't know mate, there arnt any other surfs around me to compair it with but i thought it was smoking as it normaly should
                              I know when i had new injectors fitted the guy mentioned its been fitted with a 2nd hand turbo unit but didnt say it was anything to be concerned about.
                              Maybe i should have seals done as a matter of cause
                              Where could i get seals from and are they easy to repair or best left to a repair garage.
                              kev.
                              Regards
                              Kev.
                              2.4 black beast

Comment

There isn't oil that that pipe, its the wastegate pressure hose.

Most likely is the gasket on those two oil pipes where it attaches under the turbo. Also were the two pipes are joined in the middle, I've hade them split if they've been bent around to much.

I've you have a lot of crankcase pressure, it could be pooling up in the bottem of the intake elbow where it goes in to the turbo, then dropping out the bottom if the pipe is split (like most are)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X