I dream of 450 kms per tank
    Kite Surf

Comment

Here's some 2.4 specs.
      http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/24lt.htm

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
        I dream of 450 kms per tank
        All that i know is done to my truck has a wide bore exaust and a k&n air filter
        and it goes like s*** Off a shovel
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
          About 450 kms in a 2.4 auto i thought it was good for the size of it
          What ya doin?.....pushing it around?!

I'm grateful if i get 400kms!
          So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Originally posted by surfer daz
            What ya doin?.....pushing it around?!

I'm grateful if i get 400kms!
            Well I definitely get 330, which is over 500km, but it depends what you mean by to a tank - Like I said I get about 57 in on a fill - others may get less depending on gauge accuracy.

Comment

Superlift Truespeed... should sort that out.

If its an electronic speedo (and odometer) over size tyres will sqew the readings...? (or have I still not grasped this right...?)
              Can't do the maths... but what would the distance be if you caculate the difference between 31" and 33" tyres...?

Comment

Difficult question for this time on a Sunday. I'd say it's something to do with pie. Preferrably apple!!
                I got 450-480 km to a tank. No lead foot though.

Comment

Originally posted by plodger
                  Difficult question for this time on a Sunday. I'd say it's something to do with pie. Preferrably apple!!
                  I got 450-480 km to a tank. No lead foot though.

3.1415927 to 7 decimal places
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                    Superlift Truespeed... should sort that out.

If its an electronic speedo (and odometer) over size tyres will sqew the readings...? (or have I still not grasped this right...?)
                    Can't do the maths... but what would the distance be if you caculate the difference between 31" and 33" tyres...?

If you have oversized tyres, you will be going faster than the speedo says.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      If you have oversized tyres, you will be going faster than the speedo says.

Anybody know by what margin? Approx 48km = 30mph, so what difference
                      would using 33" instead 31" tyres make?

BTW, to the original poster, my mileage sucks as well. I'm sure the people
                      who quote 25-30 mpg for a 2.4 must be freewheeling down hills.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                        Anybody know by what margin? Approx 48km = 30mph, so what difference
                        would using 33" instead 31" tyres make?

BTW, to the original poster, my mileage sucks as well. I'm sure the people
                        who quote 25-30 mpg for a 2.4 must be freewheeling down hills.

Matt
                        I agree matt i cant see how thats possible!
                        Kite Surf

Comment

My MPG was about 20 mpg when I was a bit heavy footed on the motorways. That means going about 70 plus.

If I go around 60 miles per hour on motorways and take it easy about town I reckon the milage is more to 23-25 mpg.

Comment

Adding to my last post:

I think using veg oil is not gonna be an option now with that kind of mileage!!

Will definitely be filling some veg oil in when I have long journeys planned.

Comment

I have a standard 2.4 with recon engine and turbo, it does 330kms maximum on a full tank, i simply dont believe the claims of 500 odd kms on a tank.
                              I'm sure my tank is smaller than 57litres.
                              Is there a fuel light which comes on when you get really low? most i have ever put in is about £40 worth of diesel. and the guage was really low.
                              If there is a fuel light i might run it till that comes on and see what i get but i dont fancy running out as i dont know how to start a diesel once it's run out.
                              French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds
                                I have a standard 2.4 with recon engine and turbo, it does 330kms maximum on a full tank, i simply dont believe the claims of 500 odd kms on a tank.
                                I'm sure my tank is smaller than 57litres.
                                Is there a fuel light which comes on when you get really low? most i have ever put in is about £40 worth of diesel. and the guage was really low.
                                If there is a fuel light i might run it till that comes on and see what i get but i dont fancy running out as i dont know how to start a diesel once it's run out.
                                Yes, there is a low fuel light. Supposedly 2 gallons left, when it comes on. I myself have done a good 30 miles with the light on, but I wouldn't do it everyday!!

I seem to remember on here talk of two different sized fuel tanks being fitted to Surfs. 55 and 65 litres, if I remember correctly.

I generally get about 420-450 kms on a tankful, mainly motorway at an indicated 80 (ish)
                                It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
                                X