Veg Oil Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sl8eo
    I heard using petty in ya motor can do all your seals in? petrol can attack em and you end up with oil everywhere! (maybe!!!) yours been alright i take it thou! also if im using veg oil from tesco take it dont have to worry bout the acid content as not been used for frying mars bars but whats all this bout microns should i worry bout that with SVO or is that just a WVO thing? ps wher ya get them heated fuel cats take it ya mean their differnt from normal ones!
    Philip is a member on here, and he has a link to his website at the top of the page. You could PM him for details. He is really helpful.

The acid content isn't a concern with Fresh Oil, as the acid content only changes depending on how much the oil has been used and what its been used for. Microns is a term used for filtration. 5 microns is the recommended minimum filter level for waste vegetable oil. It just means no bits of chips and cr*p over 5 microns in size will pass through the filter. If the oil has bits in it above 5 microns, it will clog the fuel filter in the car. If it gets through the filter, it could block the injectors. Basically it'll Sh*g the car !!

If you are using Oil straight out of the bottle from Tesco's, you won't have any problems other than probably having to change the fuel filter (see the Sticky thread in the General section). I just use WVO because it is free, so it works out at only 47p a litre to C&E, and I know it's only light use, so the quality is good. I wouldn't risk it otherwise.

Hope all this helps.

Enjoy stinking up the neighbourhood !!
    Just Vegging Out

Comment

Originally posted by Nugget
      Philip is a member on here, and he has a link to his website at the top of the page. You could PM him for details. He is really helpful.

The acid content isn't a concern with Fresh Oil, as the acid content only changes depending on how much the oil has been used and what its been used for. Microns is a term used for filtration. 5 microns is the recommended minimum filter level for waste vegetable oil. It just means no bits of chips and cr*p over 5 microns in size will pass through the filter. If the oil has bits in it above 5 microns, it will clog the fuel filter in the car. If it gets through the filter, it could block the injectors. Basically it'll Sh*g the car !!

If you are using Oil straight out of the bottle from Tesco's, you won't have any problems other than probably having to change the fuel filter (see the Sticky thread in the General section). I just use WVO because it is free, so it works out at only 47p a litre to C&E, and I know it's only light use, so the quality is good. I wouldn't risk it otherwise.

Hope all this helps.

Enjoy stinking up the neighbourhood !!
      Smelling of Chips or Doughnuts ain't that bad

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Just filled her up today 50/50 mix veg/diesel.

Not used any unleaded as yet though seems people use this during the colder months as it thinns out the veg better than the diesel does.

Somebody at work who happens to be on a landrover forum, suggested i not use petrol as it can cause hot spots, damage pistons as well as gaskets.
        Has anyone heard or had experiances like this through using petrol mixes.

Also can anyone advise me of the code for the use of SVO for the customs formes.
        Regards
        Kev.
        2.4 black beast

Comment

Report,
          Yesterday morning around 6:15am tiny tiny bit lumpy for about 5 sec's
          This morning at around the same time started NO problem
          Regards
          Kev.
          2.4 black beast

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't put petrol anywhere near a diesel engine.
            Petrol/propane for petrol engines, diesel/oil for diesel engines.
            Ne'er the two should cross.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hoffmeister
              I've been running Veg since September last year.
              I started slowly by adding about 6ltrs to a full tank. I am currently using 24ltrs of Oil and topping up on Diesel. With whats left in the tank already being Veg/Derv mix, I reckon the ratio is 50/50. With the very cold morning recently, I've been a little concerned about gelling, but so far no problem starting. It's lumpy for about 2 seconds, then I flick the Fast Idle button and it straightens up immediately.

In the summer I'll be experimenting with 90% Veg 10% Unleaded as I've now got my filter system set up at home to filter WVO (Waste Oil)
              Have you tried the 90% veg 10% unleaded yet??
              Regards
              Kev.
              2.4 black beast

Comment

Working...
              X