Own an Lexsurf??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post

Yup, I've never actually seen another V8 surf.. so it would be interesting to see one up close and personal.
    email me your number ill give you a text sometime and we could meet up, if i do the journey on my current diffs i could get 21mpg hahahaha

or if you don't want to give number just email me
    Last edited by AlexKzn130; 23 February 2016, 18:02.
    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

depends what idling high is? it should be about 800 rpm but that is when it is warm. mine idles about 1400 cold and 1000 warm. you could fiddle with the throttle position sensor than could take the revs down abit. look it up on google and you will see where it is. the bolt holes are big so you can move it about to get it idling right. it could be a leak on the air inlet some where or the idle control unit on the front of the inlet manifold. but check the simple things first.
      i have a 4.55 rear diff LSD if that helps?
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
        depends what idling high is? it should be about 800 rpm but that is when it is warm. mine idles about 1400 cold and 1000 warm. you could fiddle with the throttle position sensor than could take the revs down abit. look it up on google and you will see where it is. the bolt holes are big so you can move it about to get it idling right. it could be a leak on the air inlet some where or the idle control unit on the front of the inlet manifold. but check the simple things first.
        i have a 4.55 rear diff LSD if that helps?
        I can't tell exactly what the revs are cos the gauge is out, another thing is, she stalls if u try to drive her when she is cold if u try the revs jus drop and stall I have to run her for literally only a minute jus till there is a little warmth in the engine then it's fine, doesn't really bother me jus give character but is maybe tied in with the whole idling high thing,
        4.55 diff sounds good if I could find a matching front plus I need a month to get the money together for the job

Comment

the below are the top 5 likely reasons for the problems according to the factory spec manual. but i dont know how much of the wiring is installed?

engine stall soon after starting
          1 vacuum leakage
          2 fuel quality
          3 fuell system circuit (fuel filter)
          4 EGR
          5 water temp sensor

High engine idling
          1 accelerrator pedal link
          2 dash pot
          3 PS idle up
          4 water temp sensor circuit
          5 intake air temp sensor
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
            the below are the top 5 likely reasons for the problems according to the factory spec manual. but i dont know how much of the wiring is installed?

engine stall soon after starting
            1 vacuum leakage
            2 fuel quality
            3 fuell system circuit (fuel filter)
            4 EGR
            5 water temp sensor

High engine idling
            1 accelerrator pedal link
            2 dash pot
            3 PS idle up
            4 water temp sensor circuit
            5 intake air temp sensor

ill mull it over, thanks

Comment

Are there any Lexsurfs still alive?

Comment

I was wondering the same, the one I got is not one of them, but the wiring is from Vince
                the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
                X