yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just taken up surfing, now i'm 'pinking' too! Help, please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

give me five and i will see if i can find it.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Mark,
      Could you give me a buzz about the exhaust tomorrow please mate?
      Cheers

Comment

Hi Mark, how far did you manage to get today? Hope it went as smooth as poss!!
        Sorry I couldn't make it along, new baby mayhem!!!
        See you tomorrow sometime I hope.
        All the best, Stu

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
          give me five and i will see if i can find it.
          ok
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by studiv View Post
            Hi Mark, how far did you manage to get today? Hope it went as smooth as poss!!
            Sorry I couldn't make it along, new baby mayhem!!!
            See you tomorrow sometime I hope.
            All the best, Stu
            Hmmm, not quite as smooth as I would of hoped for, but hey things are sent to try us.You have had a very, very lucky escape Stu.

1. when I removed the timing belt cover I notice there was a considerable amount of slack in the belt, so much so that I could remove the belt with one finger with the tensioner still connected.

2. Starter motor. old one removed then noticed that the electrical connections on the new starter were not in the same place ,so a fly lead had to be made and connected.

3. I didn't notice before hand, but you have an oil leak from the rear of the rocker cover, only noticed this when I got plastered in oil removing the starter motor.

Apart from that all is ok. Going to tackle the exhaust,damper,springs and bushes today.
            Last edited by surfenstein; 7 June 2015, 10:15.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hmmm, not quite as smooth as I would of hoped for, but hey things are sent to try us.You have had a very, very lucky escape Stu.

1. when I removed the timing belt cover I notice there was a considerable amount of slack in the belt, so much so that I could remove the belt with one finger with the tensioner still connected.

2. Started motor. old one removed then noticed that the electrical connections on the new starter were not in the same place ,so a fly lead had to be made and connected.

3. I didn't notice before hand, but you have an oil leak from the rear of the rocker cover, only noticed this when I got plastered in oil removing the starter motor.

Apart from that all is ok. Going to tackle the exhaust,damper,springs and bushes today.
              Wow! My limited knowledge of mechanics does stretch far enough that I know I should be thanking my lucky stars... Is there a reason for the slack in the cam belt, i.e is it likely to be a problem that needs more attention/ keeping a close eye?

Sorry about the wrong starter and water pump, I just went with what was on the site as compatible, it's rarely a guarantee with parts I realise!

The rocker cover could be a big job, ay? Is it something worth tackling soon? I was aware that there is quite a bit of oil around. Very little seems to be used when i check the stick, although I'm aware dip sticks aren't always 100% reliable.

All in all Mark, I'm so relieved you've had the motor this weekend. The issues you've solved, and unearthed, are exactly why I need you in my life!!!

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation above, I'll catch you later. Let me know if poss how you are getting on and I'll get over with the readies.

Good luck today,
              Stu

Comment

Wow! My limited knowledge of mechanics does stretch far enough that I know I should be thanking my lucky stars... Is there a reason for the slack in the cam belt, i.e is it likely to be a problem that needs more attention/ keeping a close eye?

Sorry about the wrong starter and water pump, I just went with what was on the site as compatible, it's rarely a guarantee with parts I realise!

The rocker cover could be a big job, ay? Is it something worth tackling soon? I was aware that there is quite a bit of oil around. Very little seems to be used when i check the stick, although I'm aware dip sticks aren't always 100% reliable.

All in all Mark, I'm so relieved you've had the motor this weekend. The issues you've solved, and unearthed, are exactly why I need you in my life!!!

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation above, I'll catch you later. Let me know if poss how you are getting on and I'll get over with the readies.

Good luck today,
                Stu

The rocker cover needs doing its not a big job, but the engine needs to be steam cleaned first. As for the water pump. I need to re check something, There appears to be a removable plate on the back, the water pump that is currently on there is ok.I will speak with you later when you come over the workshop.
                Last edited by surfenstein; 7 June 2015, 10:16.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

So whats the verdict then Stu. lol.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

So whats the verdict then Stu. lol.
                    Duuuude!!

It's seriously like a different truck. Much more solid, yet smooth and comfortable ride.
                    I like the subtle rear lift improvement the new springs have given. It feels proper without the sag!!
                    There seems to be more power. Partly due to the old cam belt tension issue, I guess? Perhaps also due to the rude boy exhaust!!!
                    The exhaust is pretty bad ass! The turbo seems to whistle like hell now. Sounds mean. Mel's not too sure but I think she'll come round. The fact that it can be driven quietly and gently round town, and booted when I choose, means conserving fuel, then getting more for your money when you put your boot down!
                    The longest drive I've been able to have is back from you guys on Sunday, with a big fat grin. Taking it on a slightly longer journey tomorrow, so I'll have a little fun.
                    The only problem I can see is that now I'm already thinking about how soon can I get other bits done on it! Really keen to get the rocker cover gasket done, and also tackle the chassis asap...
                    The verdict, Mark and Stringer, 'I f***ing love it!!'.
                    See you soon

Comment

LMFAO.
                      I saw the grin on your face when it started. Its a great truck and extremely rare, its worth giving it the Tlc it needs, before it really gets to a point thats beyond economical repair.Youve had a little taste of the modding bug, it all begins here.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Jap imports are like interstellar black holes. They draw outlandish amounts of cash towards them.

you never get it back though...

You just passed the event horizon.....

Welcome!

Comment

Hi Mark,
                          I went to see someone about blasting the chassis etc today. I've been convinced to give a go myself with a hand held blaster, compressor attachment. Will tackle it over the coming couple of weeks.
                          I think I noticed another clunk on start up today?? Any ideas? It seems to be when starting warm after a short break...
                          All else seems really well with the grin machine!!

Comment

Hi Mark,
                            I went to see someone about blasting the chassis etc today. I've been convinced to give a go myself with a hand held blaster, compressor attachment. Will tackle it over the coming couple of weeks.
                            I think I noticed another clunk on start up today?? Any ideas? It seems to be when starting warm after a short break...
                            All else seems really well with the grin machine!!
                            Seems like a good idea, it will remove the loose rust at best, put a large tarapaulin down, drive onto it and tuck the excess tarp into the doors of the truck, kinda like a coccoon, this way it keeps the blast media under the truck and not over your driveway and also stops the wind spreading it everywhere. Also makes it easier to clean up when your done, as you may need to re use the media.you can buy buckets of media on ebay. Oh and make sure you wear a full face mask and a disposable overall.you will also need a big compressor, no good with a small one as you will spend more time waiting for the reciever to fill up than blasting. As for the clunk, we can take a look when we do the rocker cover gasket.

you could always give Stringer a ring and see if he will let you blast it outside the shop. That way you wont need a big compressor.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hi there Mark,

I hope all's well with you mate... This parenting lark's full power, ay? Jeez, I'm running on fumes!

I've been notified that the fan coupling has come in to Roughtrax. Do you think it's worth getting it and going ahead or is it now a pain? If it's a easy job to fit, without undoing what you did the other week, it might make sense to do?

I'm gonna get the rocker cover gasket soon, just so it's on hand as soon as i get the engine bay cleaned.

Anyway, all's good. Hope to catch you soon mate.

Stu

Comment

can you take a vid of your exhaust please? I really want to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X