yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just taken up surfing, now i'm 'pinking' too! Help, please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
    No problem at all, glad we could help.We can get round the fan coupling if needs be. There is a fix for them its just time consuming. By centre exhaust I mean, 3" side exit just in front of the rear wheels this will help to bring your EGTs down and aid cooling.
    Ok, cool. I'll get on to roughtrax as soon as they are open...

Is there any way of having the exhaust exit on the drivers side, or is this foolish/difficult for some reason? I'm just wondering about baby in the back seat, next to the fumes in traffic... Or is this an unnecessary concern?!

Anyway, I'll see you very soon. (Is it wrong that I'm as excited about the Surf as I am about becoming a Dad?! Just kidding.)

Comment

Originally posted by studiv View Post
      Ok, cool. I'll get on to roughtrax as soon as they are open...

Is there any way of having the exhaust exit on the drivers side, or is this foolish/difficult for some reason? I'm just wondering about baby in the back seat, next to the fumes in traffic... Or is this an unnecessary concern?!

Anyway, I'll see you very soon. (Is it wrong that I'm as excited about the Surf as I am about becoming a Dad?! Just kidding.)
      Good point on the exhaust, The fuel tank is on the offside so it kinda restricts the exhaust exiting on that side, but as long as the door rubbers are not worn then I don't see a concern if you want a full exhaust then maybe go for the roughtrax one.
      Last edited by surfenstein; 24 May 2015, 15:55.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Stu as per conversation today.

1. Cam belt kit . Roughtrax part number Si087KIT £94.80
        2. Water pump. Roughtrax part number CWP004 £69.60
        3. Aux drive belts. Roughtrax part number Si137 £16.74
        4. Fan coupling. Roughtrax part number CVC005 £124.80
        5. Starter motor. Roughtrax part number Si116 £189.60
        6. Rear anti roll bar link kit. Roughtrax part number SPB021 £9.60
        7. Rear anti roll bar bushes. Roughtrax part number RA011 £11.40
        8. you will require a complete exhaust system from the down pipe back, the price from Roughtrax is approx £200, but we could fabricate you a centre exit exhaust in stainless steel for roughly the same price.
        9. Standard uprated rear coil springs. Roughtrax part number SU130 £66.00

All the prices stated above include vat.
        Barry will include free delivery on orders over £75.

For the dampers you will need to contact Dave at www.llama4x4.com 01952825732
        I suggest you go for the Rough country performance 2.2, Explain to Dave what Truck you have and what the truck will be used for, he will sort you out. They are priced at £50 +vat each. Be warned our Dave does like to chat. lol

Good meeting you today, hope the birth goes well , hopefully speak with you soon.
        Hi Mark,

All but the fan coupling is arriving from Roughtrax tomorrow, they'll let me know if it's gonna be available in the next week or so.

Chatty Dave convinced me to go for the roughcountry N2.0, seemed to make sense. He reckons I'll not notice any difference apart from the stickers, he'll throw in some "performance 2.2" stickers so i can pretend! £194.40 delivered seems pretty fair. They should be with me by middle of next week, latest.

The baby is still in the womb, it's safer in there! I'd like to tentatively pencil in leaving the Surf with you guys next weekend if poss (Friday 05/06), unless there are complications/hold ups. How does that sound? Pretty sure I'd like you to do the Stainless side exit smoke pipe too, if you're able...

All the best mate,
        Stu

Comment

Originally posted by studiv View Post
          Hi Mark,

All but the fan coupling is arriving from Roughtrax tomorrow, they'll let me know if it's gonna be available in the next week or so.

Chatty Dave convinced me to go for the roughcountry N2.0, seemed to make sense. He reckons I'll not notice any difference apart from the stickers, he'll throw in some "performance 2.2" stickers so i can pretend! £194.40 delivered seems pretty fair. They should be with me by middle of next week, latest.

The baby is still in the womb, it's safer in there! I'd like to tentatively pencil in leaving the Surf with you guys next weekend if poss (Friday 05/06), unless there are complications/hold ups. How does that sound? Pretty sure I'd like you to do the Stainless side exit smoke pipe too, if you're able...

All the best mate,
          Stu
          Hi Stu

Excellent, all sounds good to me, I will get you booked in for next wkend and we can go from there. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. You have Stringers number?
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hi Stu

Excellent, all sounds good to me, I will get you booked in for next wkend and we can go from there. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. You have Stringers number?
            Yeah, I've got Stringers number, I'll keep you and him posted. Nice 1!

Comment

Stu as per conversation today.

1. Cam belt kit . Roughtrax part number Si087KIT £94.80
              2. Water pump. Roughtrax part number CWP004 £69.60
              3. Aux drive belts. Roughtrax part number Si137 £16.74
              4. Fan coupling. Roughtrax part number CVC005 £124.80
              5. Starter motor. Roughtrax part number Si116 £189.60
              6. Rear anti roll bar link kit. Roughtrax part number SPB021 £9.60
              7. Rear anti roll bar bushes. Roughtrax part number RA011 £11.40
              8. you will require a complete exhaust system from the down pipe back, the price from Roughtrax is approx £200, but we could fabricate you a centre exit exhaust in stainless steel for roughly the same price.
              9. Standard uprated rear coil springs. Roughtrax part number SU130 £66.00

All the prices stated above include vat.
              Barry will include free delivery on orders over £75.

For the dampers you will need to contact Dave at www.llama4x4.com 01952825732
              I suggest you go for the Rough country performance 2.2, Explain to Dave what Truck you have and what the truck will be used for, he will sort you out. They are priced at £50 +vat each. Be warned our Dave does like to chat. lol

Good meeting you today, hope the birth goes well , hopefully speak with you soon.
              Hi Mark, hope all's well.

Some would say our daughter arrived 12 days late, I would say she arrived exactly when she was meant to. This morning at 7.46!!

I've now got all the bits mentioned above, except the Fan coupling. Roughtrax haven't been able to give an ETA.

I'm still keen for you guys to have the Surf over the weekend if you can, and work through the list,or as much as you are able. My priorities this week would be the starter, the exhaust (blowing like a trombone played badly!), and the shocks (arrived today, they're beasts!)/springs etc. Obviously, the cam belt and aux belts/water pump would be great also, but dunno if there will be time this weekend? Also, perhaps the fan coupling will arrive in the mean time...

Anyway, I hope you're still game! If so, when should I drop it over? Stringer has my number if it's easier to call...

All the best mate
              Stu

Comment

Hi Stu
                Can I start by saying congrats on the new baby daughter, I hope you are all doing well. Stringer is prepped and will be ready for you midday Friday.I will join them saturday morning and between us we should get it all done over the wkend if all goes well.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Nice one Mark,
                  Dropped the surf and a boot full of bits over at lunchtime. left the key with Stringer.
                  There was a paper gasket with the water pump that had a split. I got it replaced and then left it at home! I can drop it over tomorrow, unless the split one that's in the box is usable?
                  I asked Stringer to drop me a text at the end of tomorrow to see how you're getting on, unless I am popping over anyway. It'd be helpful to know interim costs so I have an idea of what dollar to bring over.
                  Thanks a heap Mark, hope it all goes smooth as silk!! Catch you very soon mate...

Comment

Nice one Mark,
                    Dropped the surf and a boot full of bits over at lunchtime. left the key with Stringer.
                    There was a paper gasket with the water pump that had a split. I got it replaced and then left it at home! I can drop it over tomorrow, unless the split one that's in the box is usable?
                    I asked Stringer to drop me a text at the end of tomorrow to see how you're getting on, unless I am popping over anyway. It'd be helpful to know interim costs so I have an idea of what dollar to bring over.
                    Thanks a heap Mark, hope it all goes smooth as silk!! Catch you very soon mate...

Comment

it will be nice to have some pics of that 3" exhaust
                      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

I would save yourself some cash and just refill the coupling buddy. All you need is an impact driver and 50ml of 10,000c silicone oil. Its a fun if messy job to do. Not hard.

I will be interested to see the exhaust also as I'll be getting one made up next month.

Comment

Hi chaps,
                          I'm not an off roader,yet!
                          The exhaust system may end up coming out behind the N/S rear wheel. I like the look of the side exhaust, but I'm just a little concerned about the fumes and my fresh baby daughter directly above it!! This may be an unnecessary worry, but a worry none the less.
                          I'm pretty sure we're gonna go ahead with the coupling refurb, just to get it done.

Comment

I'm going 3inch side exit so I will be waiting for a video with decent sound!

Fumes shouldn't be too much of a problem. Its just the same as a car being a couple of feet ahead of you in the traffic at the end of the day. Once you are moving its all the same anyway.

I think the new couplings come with not enough oil in them anyway so a refreshed one is a beeter otion as you can fill it up.

I also fiddled with the screws to make it open a little earlier. Filled it from the middle till it was coming out the edge and put it back together. To be honest I'v yet to hear it really going like a jet engine but even on start up its pulling some serious air.

Comment

Hi Stu
                              Paper gasket won't be a problem, I can sort that out. I have a video of mine with the 3" straight through side exit exhaust.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

I have a video of mine with the 3" straight through side exit exhaust.
                                any link to it?
                                the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
                                X