Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum

Hi all
    Recently registered as new user following the purchase of my Gen 2 SSRX 3.0 Limited in Black and silver. A 95 plate. Based in north Notts just off junction 27 of M1. First job was to replace a worn mechanism in the rear window, a job I completed at weekend. It's about an hours work. I ended up doing the job 3 times as I had misaligned the drive teeth following a strip down of the replacement unit. Suffice to say a bit of an expert on this job now. Learnt a few useful things along the way that make the job very simple but would urge caution as the spring loaded arms could do some damage to fingers if this job isn't approached correctly. Will post a "how to do" if its of enough interest to anyone. Cheers and look forward to the forum.

Ian

Hi n welcome Ian, why not do a write up any how (when ya ready like)
    I'm sure there's more than a few that'll be interested ...

12+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Ok Here's a link to the Rear Window mechanism replacement.
      Any problems or further advice - please send me an email but all advice given in good faith - no liability for injuries incurred

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=file%2c.docx

Cheers all.

Ian

Comment

Christ, another newbie who knows what he's doing. What happened to the customary "what's the red button for" question. Welcome Ian, happy surfing

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep View Post
          Christ, another newbie who knows what he's doing. What happened to the customary "what's the red button for" question. Welcome Ian, happy surfing
          I know right !!
          Coming on here and being helpful, fcukin newbs.

Welcome along.
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep View Post
            Hey Ross don't knock it, as when ya getting older it's helpful that newbs have some answers to questions ya already forgot

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
            I know right !!
            Coming on here and being helpful, fcukin newbs.

Welcome along.
            I'm all for education Ady

12+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota, not spotless !!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

I hate the scissor style window mechs, so any help offered is warmly received.
              Good shout.
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the link, I'll need it shortly, lol

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I'm new to 4x4's so lots to learn but many years playing around under cars. I'll try and fix most things - not always successfully.

Comment

Hello and welcome
                    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Hello Ian, thanks for the tutorial & welcome too

Comment

Welcome! Cheers for that link, needs done on mine too.
                        Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

The rear window was my first repair as well.

Hello and welcome

Comment

Hi Ian,

I work over the M1 at Annesley. I'll keep an eye out for you as I pass Underwood and Moorgreen on the way home!

Jim.
                            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Cheers Jimster, I drove through there last night on my way to 5 a side. I've seen a couple of gen 2 Surfs in the area, Nice to know another forum owner is nearby though. I plan on taking the surf to the Griffins Head car meet in Papplewick next year, 100's of great cars there every other week, only found out about it this year after 13 years living in Selston. Worth a look in if you like looking around cars from hot rods to classics.

Comment

Working...
                              X