Increased idle speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased idle speed

Hello all, finally done the viscous fan repair....blowing a gale in the bay now lol. But...idle speed has now increased to 1100 rpm, from 750/800! Even after a good run it still has higher revs, the idle up switch now runs at nearly 2000 rpm, up from 1700 or so. Any clues as to what has happened, should I be concerned, will it increase fuel consumption whilst running ( ie not idling). Or should I just get used to it? Did the repair after a great deal of searching/reading on the forum so, many thanks to all who've done it and posted info, particularly to those who made a few pics of procedure...invaluable!! Cheers in advance....
    Started wi' nowt and still got most of it left!

It won't increase running fuel consumption.
    Nae idea why it's went up though.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Have you left a ratchet laying across the throttle cable
      Brian

Comment

Belt's tensioned properly?
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
          Belt's tensioned properly?
          Belts were not touched during 'refurb" so no change to them. Wondering whether there is a temp sensor ? that acts like a choke until a pre-set temp is reached and then lowers revs. Just fishing really and hope there is a definitive answer.....

Comment

Have you knocked the 'idle up' button ? Not sure if fitted on 2nd gen but it is on 3rd gen and have left mine on by mistake before and had the same problem with high revs until I realised what had happened.
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
              Have you knocked the 'idle up' button ? Not sure if fitted on 2nd gen but it is on 3rd gen and have left mine on by mistake before and had the same problem with high revs until I realised what had happened.
              Not idle up, if I use that, it runs even higher as I said. However, idle up only works when not in gear. I'll keep searching and see if something similar has happened to someone else and/or what the remedy could be. Tx anyway

Comment

Is the throttle cable completely closed on the inlet manifold ? The bit the cable attatches to should be resting on a stop screw.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by wishbone; 10 April 2013, 12:59.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                  Is the throttle cable completely closed on the inlet manifold ? The bit the cable attatches to should be resting on a stop screw.
                  Hellooo..just had a quick look, as usual its just started raining and it's a bit dark but will look again in the a.m. Tx for diagram, I need it simplified sometimes

Comment

Working...
                  X