No announcement yet.

Any more motorcyclists use this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm - excellent rationale for owing a Surf - better off-road than the GS, and certainly safer...
    It was fun on gravel roads and forest tracks, but FAR too big and heavy for the tight gnarly stuff!
    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
      I'm thinking of getting a dinky little road legal trailie, as light as possible and trying to figure out a rear carrier for it on the surf, like they do on the back of winebagoes?? but smaller - has anyone got any experience/ideas?
      Dave,

I have had two racks for my surfs, see my site here:
      http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rack.htm
      http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rack2.htm
      Although 2nd one very expensive and only for US tow-hitch.

My mates have also just bought racks similar to the first one I had but cheaper and better in some ways becuase withthe bike off it you can leave part bolted to the tow bar and remove the main frame part. Although they were not as strong (prob only suitable for 125 2-strokes or thereabouts)
      If you are interested I will try and find out where they got them from.
      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Biker

Got Yammy Thunderace (2000) and love her almost as much as surf!! But she gotta go as wifey needs a new trailer for the Horse!!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
          Hmm - excellent rationale for owing a Surf - better off-road than the GS, and certainly safer...
          It was fun on gravel roads and forest tracks, but FAR too big and heavy for the tight gnarly stuff!
          Ahem!!
          I find my 1100GS brilliant all round ..including the gnarly stuff. I've given the sports bike riders a few scares on the way to work!!

Comment

Originally posted by rsvr
            It seems there are one or two usernames that suggest i am not the only one, so come on tell us what kind of beastie you ride...........

Aprilia 1000cc "V" twin RSV R
            On my 3rd ZX12r Go everywhere, Spain, Italy, Casablanca, Nerbergring. Eats tyres and fuel.
            Love trackdays at Mondello Park. 320 mile round trip. I load the bike on a trailer with my wife's CBR250RR amd glide up in my 3.0 94 surf.

Comment

Suksuzi GS750 '78 + A4 page of modifications.

Kawa 550 Zephyr stuck under a tarp.

Picking up an '84 GSXR750 this week... one off ali frame, FZR thou running gear, Ohlins rear shock, Yoshi fairing that I need to fit a pair of 5 1/2" Cibies into.

....nothings been made that can't be made better....
              Fear of death is the beginning of slavery

Comment

Working...
              X