• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't agree more.....

Nice one Jim
    NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

Comment

Well put Jim. I have seen too many fun ad-hock "organisations", involving things as diverse as soul music, CB radio and kiting get bogged down in prototocol and procedure. The trouble with this great country of ours is, that if you give people power, they feel they have to use it ( what about the great guy, you worked with for years, who became a manager and just couldn't resist managing things. Mending things that didn't need fixing...)
      'nuf said. Iv'e had my rant. Continue the debate.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

For every positive there has to be a negative.
        Ian
        One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

I agree with Jim.
          Whilst I'm happy to contribute to the costs of running the forum/website (Great job guys - it's getting better all the time!!) I think part of it's charm is that it's casual, there is no red tape, and committee meetings etc - it makes us all like equals, and anyone can contribute
          If you make it a paying club then casual visitors will be put off - I have seen this happen before, with a local equine forum I was a member of - within months of becoming a proper club there were lots of rules and cliques and in the end the couple who ran it gave up and it all fell apart.
          I'm not sure the benefits (in terms of insurance discounts etc) would be worth it?

Just my opinion, though.....

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

All you need to qualify as a club is a membership list, and a membership card to produce in order to prove your Bony Fidos, when asking for your club discount. Don't go down the road of committees, rules, forums [fora?] etc. A fiver for a card, to cover the cost of printing them is all you need.
            Forming a club with a constitution and a committee is like marriage, the best way to spoil a beautiful friendship.

John
            http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
              I agree with Jim.
              Whilst I'm happy to contribute to the costs of running the forum/website (Great job guys - it's getting better all the time!!) I think part of it's charm is that it's casual, there is no red tape, and committee meetings etc - it makes us all like equals, and anyone can contribute
              If you make it a paying club then casual visitors will be put off - I have seen this happen before, with a local equine forum I was a member of - within months of becoming a proper club there were lots of rules and cliques and in the end the couple who ran it gave up and it all fell apart.
              I'm not sure the benefits (in terms of insurance discounts etc) would be worth it?

Just my opinion, though.....

My view as well.

I've been a member of car clubs before and to be honest the organisation side of it just sucks all the fun out of it. To be honest most o fthe people who end up running these things like organisation and power and should have become politicians in the first place and left the rest of us to get on with real life.

Once the rules get into the mix, you never get anything done. And as you so rightly sadi, who ever does the admin on this site now or in the future, it's nothing without the people who post and contribute. Power to the people and send all the politicians to mars.

Cheers

Comment

Looking for ECU, Toyota hilux surf ssrx 3.0.automatic 1993, has anyone got one or point me in the right direction. Tia.

Comment

Just bought a mint hilux surf any tips to keep it looking good/ free from sun damage and rust free

Comment

Working...
                  X