Project suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Me too, although I bet they are really uncomfortable on our roads as you sit directly above the rear axle.
    The one I drove was pretty bonecracking. And the noise was epic. Made Lexurf sound like a purring pussycat next to a lion with toothache. Fun, but seat of the pants stuff...

Comment

I know a fella who has a Westeight for sale.

Westfield with a seriously tunned v8. They sound like a NASCAR racer, you can feel the ground shake when it revs up.

Alan will be along sometime soon, I am sure he has pictures of it.
      I think he wants about 12k.
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
        Yes I was a bit suspicious of this too...

One possibility is that she has seen how much pleasure I get from tinkering with the Surfs and wants me to be happy. This possibility can obviously be discounted as being absurd.

More realistically, she is either planning a very expensive house project or yet more animals and so wants me onside, or she has taken a lover and wants me to be distracted. But hey, either way I get to buy a car to spend time and money on...
        Originally posted by flounderbout View Post

However, she then inevitably raised the question of price. In a moment of astonishing foolishness, I threw caution to the wind and actually told her something approaching a realistic price for the project (emphasis perhaps on the word "approaching").

It was at this stage that things get very odd indeed. No icy stare. No raised eyebrow. No spat-out coffee. Not even a bout of dangerous laughter.

Instead she said, and I quote: "What colour do you think would be best?".

Something is clearly afoot... But you know what they say about gift horses and all that...

Hmmmm......You're getting away with this far too easily.........Unless, ofcourse, Your lady has planned a complete demolish / rebuild of your house; Has bought a zoo; Or has started an affiar With at least half the members of a rugby / football team.............Possibly all three.....................Still......... ........... Chesils are REALLY NICE.............
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Will be checking the two places tomorrow for the chisels....not had time till now...still thinking along those lines??..
          .... Which was nice.

Comment

Despite Vince's scorn - yes! Was looking at the Chesil site again today. Looks like a rolling chassis and the 1.9 engine would be just the ticket. Their pricing system is (probably deliberately) opaque. But looks like the cost will be spread over a fair time, so I can hide some bills away as we go
            Was meant to be going for a test drive in a Chesil up in Walton at the weekend, but it was too nice a day to be driving into town. Will potter up before too long though I hope, unless you find one near you and fancy that lunch...
            Away for a week in Morocco shortly, but then hopefully the interior will be going in LVI for the finishing touch, so will be all set for a bit of project fun.
            As for the wife's project, the total house rebuild is not far off the mark. Barn restoration, new office, new terrace - the list goes on....

Comment

I have a Porsche 944.......not free tax, but very cheap to insure and parts are very easy to get new and 2nd hand. Mines a 1985 model and very easy to work on......not going to break any speed records....but they handle so well you dont need to slow down for the twisty bits.....

Comment

Working...
              X